- Rated 4.5 / 5 Stars by Touch Arcade
- Rated 4 / 5 Stars by Pocket Tactics
- Rated 5 / 5 by MyBoxedUniverse
- Rated 9 / 10 by KickMyGeek
You are the commander of an elite Strike Team aboard the warship, HYDRA. Your first combat mission will have you leading your team in vicious ship-to-ship battles against the Sethari, a mysterious alien race whose soldiers are genetically bred for war.
In this tactical role playing game, you are the commanding officer of a squad of soldiers from the far future. Command each warrior and use cover, suppressive fire, advanced weapons and iron will to defeat the enemy. Always outnumbered, your soldiers will depend on your tactical brilliance to prevail.
• COVER: Use barricades and barrels as cover for your soldiers. Less conventional force fields and tachyon fields can also grant a tactical edge to those that hold them.
• SUPPRESSION: Use suppressive fire to pin enemy soldiers in place before finishing them off in close assault or with a well-placed grenade.
• ACTION POINTS: Every action, including movement, attacks and special abilities, requires action points. Spend them wisely to achieve victory.
• MORALE: Your soldiers and the enemy are affected by their courage and determination. If the battle goes well, they fight with grit and determination. If it goes badly, they will focus more on saving themselves than the mission at hand.
Play through a campaign featuring 28 intense firefights including various mission objectives and grueling boss fights. An additional 20 combat missions are available to hone your skills.
*** Requires an iPhone 5, iPad 3, iPad Mini 3 or newer. Will not work on earlier devices.
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wavelightgames
Follow us on Twitter: @wavelightgames
- Added an undo move button to allow players to undo an accidental movement.
- Removed the see-through hologram graphics in order to improve performance and stability.
- New character model for S.P.I.D.R drone.
- Improved AI to be more competitiveness.
- Various improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
The game gods are real
Thank you so much I wanted a game just like xcom since I fin it some time ago not only did I find this gem I also found demons rise 1 and 2 and bought all of them wave light games you just got a new fan and player keep them coming.....update something very minor I notice sometimes depending on the mission layout if there multiple enemy's surrounding you and you happen to kill them all while taking cover...you sometimes get stuck and cannot move hope u can look into this and fix it i am using a iPad mini 4 so it's powerful to run the app...thx devs
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the encouragement and support. We have 3 new games in the works that will all launch over the next year.
A new title
Written on: December 9, 2018
I bought this game yesterday( December 8, 2018) after being a year of its release. Since i waited so long, it has increased in updates so i can review the game initially.
Firstly, It seems the game is more animated this time around than the previous 2 games,
( Demons rise 1 and 2) and the graphics have been the most noticeable.
Secondly, This game feels like a direct inspiration of Xcom in regards to the combat and competitiveness of the A.I down to the storyline and setting.
Finally, While this game focuses on tightly controlled combat, the characters are also tightly controlled to only 12 playable characters.
All in all, This game picks its paunches wises as it still gives you the sense of player freedom via the characters, but also it feels like it is a game all on its own with its firefights.. even though it feels like Xcom!
I will give another review once i complete the game
Casual and fun
This game is a home run as I love strategy and sci-fi. Developers keep adding better control over gameplay. Most recent was the undo move option [Big Thank you]! I have not completed all of the campaign as of yet but enjoy the synopsis of what story is driven. Keep up the great work developers!
- Wave Light Games Inc.
- 1.2 GB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2017 Wave Light Games Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.