By Quokka Studios Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
STRIMKO™, the popular web-based logical puzzle game, comes to the iPhone / iPod touch (compatible with iPad), so you can play on the move. Strimko is a number puzzle that introduces a new twist on the classic Latin Squares concept described by the famous Swiss mathematician Leonhard Euler (1707 - 1783) and popularised in forms such as Sudoku and similar number puzzles.
Strimko puzzles are all hand-crafted, tested and difficulty graded by experienced puzzle composers to provide a continuing challenge and attractive puzzle designs. Once you've played hand-crafted puzzles, you'll never want to play mass-produced computer-generated puzzles again.
Rules: Each row, column and stream (connected groups of circles) must contain only unique numbers (1 through to the puzzle dimension).
The rules are simple, but they give rise to a uniquely appealing logic for solving puzzles, and the possibilities for challenging puzzles are endless.
* Over 300 never before published, hand-crafted puzzles. All the content of Strimko and downloadable packs
* Get any newly published packs as free updates- nothing more to pay ever. The best value way to access a ton of Strimko content.
* 4 difficulty levels to cater for all experience levels: Easy, Medium, Hard and Master. The Master level is introduced for the first time.
* Puzzles in four sizes 4 x 4 through 7 x 7
* Choose between Original, Classic, Grayscale or Random skins to change the look of puzzles
* All puzzles are hand-crafted by humans for humans
* Each puzzle is solvable logically and has a unique solution
* Intelligent hinting system hints a space that can be logically deduced from the current position- no random hints that spoil the challenge
* Access to play and control music from your library from within the app
* OpenFeint integration for achievements, friends, forums/chat
WHAT REVIEWERS ARE SAYING:
"If you want a good quick pick-up-and-play puzzle game for your iDevice, Strimko is a great app"
"If you like sudoku but looking for a new challenge, Strimko is a good bet"
--- iCasual, The Portable Gamer
"Beats Sudoku at its own game"
"With the possibility of more and more unique puzzles coming on board through in-app purchases, this is truly a great game that will live on your iPhone/iPod Touch for a really long time."
"There's a lot of gameplay here and I think you're going to enjoy it, like I said, especially if you're a puzzle lover like myself"
--- App Calendar
Discover more Strimko online at www.strimko.com
Follow Strimko on Twitter at twitter.com/strimko
Become a Strimko fan at facebook.com/pages/strimko/137397689322
The Grabarchuk Family: www.grabarchukpuzzles.com
Quokka Studios: www.quokkastudios.com
Strimko is a trademark of The Grabarchuk Family.
What's New in Version 1.6
* Bug fixes under iOS5 (crashes, pencil-marking issues)
My favorite game!
This is, by far, my favorite game. I recommend it to anyone. It is better than any sudoku game I've tried so far (more challenging). The authors did a great job back when they created it. Too bad it is not updated anymore (with more games, retina display, iPad versions, etc.). Also, the spanish localization has some major spelling and grammar errors. Other than that, the game itself is very good!
For those of you with a white screen... Could it be that you are activating OpenFeint which does not exist anymore? Try deactivating it. I have never used it and I have never had that white screen.
I purchased the app a few weeks ago and have had no problems until yesterday when, upon opening the app, it goes to a white screen. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app several times but I keep getting this white screen. Please either provide an update to correct this problem or a refund. Thank you.
I love this game just wish there was a clear all button so u don't have to clear each one individual to play again also need new puzzles played this hundreds of times
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 21, 2011
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Quokka Studios Pty Ltd
- © 2011 Quokka Studios Pty Ltd / The Grabarchuk Family
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.