By Puzzlium, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
STRIMKO™, the popular web-based logical puzzle game, comes to the iPhone / iPod touch, so you can play on the move. Strimko is a number puzzle that introduces a new twist on the classic Latin Squares concept described by the famous Swiss mathematician Leonhard Euler (1707 - 1783) and popularised in forms such as Sudoku and similar number puzzles.
Strimko puzzles are all hand-crafted, tested and difficulty graded by experienced puzzle composers to provide a continuing challenge and attractive puzzle designs. Once you've played hand-crafted puzzles, you'll never want to play mass-produced computer-generated puzzles again.
Rules: Each row, column and stream (connected groups of circles) must contain only unique numbers (1 through to the puzzle dimension).
The rules are simple, but they give rise to a uniquely appealing logic for solving puzzles, and the possibilities for challenging puzzles are endless.
* 120 never before published, hand-crafted puzzles including 20 available to unlock
* 4 difficulty levels to cater for all experience levels: Easy, Medium, Hard and Master. The Master level is introduced for the first time.
* Puzzles in four sizes 4 x 4 through 7 x 7
* Choose between Original, Classic, Grayscale or Random skins to change the look of puzzles
* All puzzles are hand-crafted by humans for humans
* Each puzzle is solvable logically and has a unique solution
* Intelligent hinting system hints a space that can be logically deduced from the current position- no random hints that spoil the challenge
* At least 20 hours of challenging gameplay for all but the most skilled players
* Additional puzzle packs available
* Access to play and control music from your library from within the app (requires OS3.0 or above)
* OpenFeint integration for achievements, friends, forums/chat
Now also available is Strimko Gold: get all the content from Strimko and downloadable packs- over 300 puzzles in total. Plus you'll receive all puzzle packs that are released in the future as free updates. Strimko Gold is the best value way to access a ton of Strimko content.
WHAT REVIEWERS ARE SAYING:
"If you want a good quick pick-up-and-play puzzle game for your iDevice, Strimko is a great app"
"If you like sudoku but looking for a new challenge, Strimko is a good bet"
--- iCasual, The Portable Gamer
"Beats Sudoku at its own game"
"With the possibility of more and more unique puzzles coming on board through in-app purchases, this is truly a great game that will live on your iPhone/iPod Touch for a really long time."
"There's a lot of gameplay here and I think you're going to enjoy it, like I said, especially if you're a puzzle lover like myself"
--- App Calendar
Discover more Strimko online at www.strimko.com
Follow Strimko on Twitter at twitter.com/strimko
Become a Strimko fan at facebook.com/pages/strimko/137397689322
The Grabarchuk Family: www.grabarchukpuzzles.com
Quokka Studios: www.quokkastudios.com
Strimko is a trademark of The Grabarchuk Family.
What's New in Version 1.6
* Bug fixes under iOS5 (crashes, pencil-marking issues)
Loved it! And I keep coming back for more. 👍👍
This is, by far, my favorite game. I recommend it to anyone. It is better than any sudoku game I've tried so far (more challenging). The authors did a great job. Too bad it is not updated anymore (with more games, retina display, iPad versions, etc.). Also, the spanish localization has some major spelling and grammar errors. Other than that, the game itself is extremely good!
Better than Sudokou!
If you like Sudoku, then you'll love this. These puzzles will test both your logic and observational skills. They are straightforward enough to learn on, and also have a hint feature if you get stuck. Giving it four stars for the apparent bugs in the Gold version that I wanted to purchase.
Enjoyable, but never updated
Great game. Always fun to play on the train or when you want to get your mind off things. Shame they haven't updated it in over 2 years, though.
Would love to see more puzzles, or maybe the ability to download from somewhere.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 24, 2011
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 13.8 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Puzzlium, Inc.
- © Quokka Studios Pty Ltd / The Grabarchuk Family
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mixed Pack 1$0.99
- Challenge Pack$0.99
- Quick Play Pack$0.99