String Replacer allows to find and replace a list of strings inside text files and folders on your Mac directly or in batch mode.
It allows to operate on multiple files using a multiple string couple replacement list.
It works with just a single click or using drag and drop.
SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE
• Can replace strings inside any text files
• Can replace in a single pass an unlimited number of strings with other strings
• Can parse one or many file from a list of files and folder content at any nested levels
• Document based can save settings, sources and replace list for reuse in batch mode too
• Can work also in drag and drop mode
• Pure Mac style interface with no compromises
• Import/Export of string used for find/replace
• Can operate on TEXT, HTM, HTML, TAB separated, COMMA separated and any other kind of text files with any extension
• Can replaces strings on files inside folders at any nested levels
• Can specify for folders, extension of files to work on (skipping the others)
• Can use an unlimited list of strings to find and replace
• Can use plain text replacement or complex grep functions
• Can replace using 'whole word', 'start of word', 'end of word' or 'contained' strings filter
• Can work in batch mode, replacing on an unlimited number of files with a single click
• Import of Find/Replace strings with automatic encoding recognition, data preview, field selections, destination selections
• Export of Find/Replace strings with selection of fields and various format available: TSV, CSV, CSV-S, HTML and even a custom format
• Order of execution of Find/Replace can be now modified moving rows in the strings substitution list
• Document based can specify a base sources on disk to work on and use it at successive relaunch of the document without further input
• Works also in drag and drop mode, it's enough to drop a file on the document to have it processed
• Popup menu to insert more frequented used regex patterns to match string without having to remember it (and with also explanation of use)
• PDF User Guide included with the application and accessible via the Help menu.
• Fully sandboxed, ready and optimized for the latest macOS release
• Works on macOS 10.10 or successive.
• Optimized for macOS 10.14 Mojave
SUPPORTED OS FEATURES
• Tabs for managing many documents in a single window
• Merge all documents in a window
• Full screen
• Automatic resume
• Tags in finder
• Grep functions improvements
• Internal improvements
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Did exactly what I wanted.
Used this application to quickly find and replace token strings in 190 files. The application worked perfectly and replaced all the strings correctly. The interface is simple to use: 1) identify what files you want to validate, 2) Identify the type of file extensions you want to validate, 3) identify the text you want to replace. Thats it. With this information the application quickly searches all files and replaces the necessary text accordingly.
Simple but powerful
Simple to use but I love that it allows you to specify multiple folder trees to operate on. Search and replace plain text or use grep functions. I’ve used several similar tools over the years, and this one is the best I’ve found.
Very easy to use and works. Used it on thousands of files without a single mistake.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.