Codebook Lite - Password Manager
By Zetetic LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Codebook Lite has most of the features of the full Codebook Password Manager & Data Vault but is limited to 10 entries and does not support backup and synchronization over WiFi with Codebook on the desktop. **
Codebook (formerly known as STRIP) is a cross-platform password manager providing powerful and complete data encryption, a flexible data model, fast search, and multi-device replication.
Codebook (née STRIP) has been protecting sensitive information on mobile devices for over 15 years, since the early days of the Palm Pilot. It protects your passwords and financial and personal information from unauthorized access by would-be crackers, malicious thieves and snoopy coworkers. Keep your secrets at your fingertips.
"A powerful data encryption tool that will serve you well into the future" - Appsaddicts.com
"Attractive user interface that is similar to your iPhone's Contacts app" - BrightHub.com
"Worth Every Penny" - Paranoid Lifestyle
"A Five! ... The recently added sync capability sets this app ahead of the pack." - Uprpm
"Excellent product... Configurable, easy to use and secure... Highly recommended." - Bronxer
* 256-bit AES encryption protects all of your data
* 64,000 rounds of PBKDF2 SHA-1 key derivation and HMAC page-protection
* Optionally authenticate with Touch ID (require iOS 8 or later)
* Personalize categories to match your organizational style
* Customize your entries including usernames, passwords, websites, notes and create your own fields
* Note records can be created in any category to store free-form text
* Store any information you want - no restrictive templates required!
* Mark records as Favorites to sort them to the top of search results
* Full text search of record names and data
* Generate random passwords with added entropy from the device accelerometer
* Quickly copy & paste passwords and other data between applications
* Auto-lock timer allows you to keep Codebook temporarily unlocked while you work
* Launch websites, telephone calls, and emails from Codebook
* Configurable field masking to hide sensitive data from view
* Supports both portrait and landscape device orientation
* 90 professionally designed color icons for personalizing records (more on the way)
* Simple, elegant interface optimized for iOS
* Uses hardware-accelerated cryptography for speed and to lower battery consumption
* Synchronization and backup over WiFi with Codebook for OS X and Codebook for Windows (sold separately)
* Synchronization over Drive or Dropbox (free Drive or Dropbox account required)
* Store URL connection strings (e.g. SSH, AFP, SFTP) to launch other applications directly
* Generate two-step verification (TOTP) codes
* Scan QR codes with main camera
* Limited to 10 entries, and does not support sync
Codebook Lite can be easily upgraded to the full Codebook for unlimited entries and sync. Once you've upgraded go to the Settings view in Codebook Lite and click "Export to Codebook" to copy your secure database.
Powerful Open Source Encryption:
Codebook uses open source, peer-reviewed full-database encryption technology. Called SQLCipher, the data store for Codebook uses established security practices like CBC mode encryption, PBKDF2 key derivation, randomized initialization vectors, and unique per-database salts. Details and source code are available at:
What's New in Version 3.0.6
This is a maintenance update with the following adjustments:
* Fixes crash caused by Touch ID bug on some devices
* Hides exposed view when double tapping the home button on iPad
* Removes legacy fix for hiding exposed view on iPhone iOS 9
* Fixes occasional crash when selecting an entry in the search/favorite/entry views
* Fixes improper locking after logging in on iOS 8 using device passcode (Touch ID fallback--not available iOS 9 and later)
* Fixes crash when toggling auto-lock setting
Please leave us a review or a rating to let us know how we're doing.
If you've got problems, we've got answers, please write us at email@example.com
You can also reach us at our discussion forum: