James Strong, former professor of exegetical theology at Drew Theological Seminary, spent more than thirty-five years preparing his landmark concordance. First published in 1890 with the help of more than one hundred colleagues, Strong's remains the most widely used concordance and dictionary of Bible words from the King James Version of the Bible.
This updated edition of Strong's Exhaustive Concordance takes James Strong's monumental work and updates it to be even more useful to the modern reader. It maintains all of the features that have made Strong's indispensable for over 100 years:
- Allows the reader to easily find all biblical occurrences of a word in the King James Version
- Points the reader to the underlying Hebrew and Greek words
- Uses the Strong's numbering system which is used in many of the new study tools of today
And adds new features that make it even more useful:
- Corrected, updated, and expanded using the latest computing search tools
- Extra-clear font and page design make this edition readable and easy to navigate
- Updated and improved Hebrew and Greek dictionaries tie each word to the Greek or Hebrew root
- Discover the Hebrew and Greek words underlying the KJV English using the Strong's numbering system
- Use the updated Hebrew and Greek dictionaries to find brief definitions of each word of the original languages
Go beyond mere searches for lost verses and hone your skills by utilizing this tool's more advanced features.
Find every occurrence of any word in the King James Version Bible. Only the words not likely to be used in locating a passage have been eliminated (words such as should, those, and when) or condensed to include only the important occurrences (words such as bring, day, and might).
Students of the Bible utilize the wealth of resources offered in Strong's ranging from doing word and thematic studies to probing the deeper meanings embedded in the original languages of the Bible.
- improved sync speed
- fix facebook sharing
Ratings and Reviews
Such a great tool for understanding better Gods Word
With so many translations a concordance is a must have tool to help ensure an accurate understanding of Gods Word. 2 Timothy 2:15, there is a right way and a wrong way in understanding Bible verses Strongs Concordance allows me to see what words the original authors used in each verse, then in Strongs Conc the definition of that word originally used is show, Koine Greek for the NT. The thing about Koine Greek is that very shortly after the NT was written Koine Greek was going away not being used any longer. The fact that the language pretty much stopped being used means that words and their meanings didn’t change because it was not being actively used by groups of people. So for instance if US English did this in the last 40 years gay in 1950’s was a term for happy. Today it almost always used as a term for homosexuality. Which would cause a problem for understanding written text a thousand years from now for people in the distant future. But for Koine Greek this wouldn’t be an issue the language stopped changing making it easy to check up on those who translated the original manuscripts into other languages. This is why the Strongs Concordance is so useful and important when studying the Bible.
Best app for quick bible study
This is the best bible study phone app I have found. It’s a must have- user friendly, intuitive and concise. I enjoy how it goes beyond Strong’s to include definitions from Thayer’s, Vine’s, ect. I have recommended this app to all who have an interest in bible study. Thank you!
A great help in preparing sermons or in studying topics in the Bible. The ability to quickly access definitions in the original languages is very useful, and the ability to copy and paste between apps makes it very user friendly.
- Bible App Labs LLC
- 115.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Bible App Labs, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary $0.99
- Amplified Bible Classic $4.99
- Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.