Strong - Workout Tracker for Strength & Fitness
By Strong Fitness Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured by Apple in "Apps We Love" on the front page.
Strong is the simplest and easiest to use fitness app for tracking your weightlifting workouts.
Strong has been downloaded over 700,000 times, and ranked Top 5 Fitness app in over 20 countries, including USA, UK, Germany and Canada.
Strong is completely redesigned and optimised for the latest iOS Devices, and now comes with Cloud Sync to back up your data.
"I have used nearly every logging app since the App Store launched. This is the best bar none"
"I use this every time I go to the gym and seriously couldn't train without it"
"Simple. Intuitive. Functional. Exactly what I was looking for."
"This is bare bones and serious. Right on, and works perfectly... I wish I could give 10 stars."
"It's by far the most intuitive and easy to use workout app I've used."
"It's amazing. That's all you need to know."
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced powerlifter, Strong provides everything you need to record your workouts as effortlessly and as quickly as possible. Unlike other fitness apps, Strong doesn't bog you down with pictures and videos you don't need, and provide unnecessary functions you'd never use.
Strong is optimised for a progressive barbell routine such as Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5X5, but it is easily adaptable to any other routine of your choosing!
And you can also select a range of exercises, from Cardio to Assisted Bodyweight for an all in one fitness tracking experience.
- The simplest interface of any fitness app available on the App Store
- Add your own routines and choose easily between them
- Cardio and strength exercises - and add your own too!
- New in Strong 4 - Multiple Exercise Types, including Assisted Bodyweight and Duration Exercises
- New in Strong 4 - See your progress in Graphs for Volume and 1RM Progression
- New in Strong 4 - Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets
- New in Strong 4 - Supersets/Grouped Exercises
- New in Strong 4 - Cloud Sync!
- New in Strong 4 - Built in bodyweight tracker helps you record your weight every workout, and includes Apple HealthKit
- New in Strong 4 - Share sheet makes archiving workouts to Evernote, Notes or Email easier than ever!
- New in Strong 4 - Full Screen Timer for easier notification
- Warm Up Calculator tells you which weights to warm up with
- Plate calculator for when the weights get high
- US(lbs) AND Metric(kg) weight support
- Add additional notes to your workout
- Advanced Statistics show your personal records and progression, and even calculate your one rep max and total weight lifted!
- Export workout information by email to CSV format, as well as full Database Export
- Built in Auto Countdown Timer to help record rest breaks
Note: Strong requires the "Unlock Strong" In App Purchase in order to enter more than 4 workouts. But feel free to try it for as long as you like!
What's New in Version 4.8
This is an absolutely massive release, we’ve overhauled almost every area of the app!
This fixes some timer issues from 4.7. Thanks for your positive reviews and support!
Updated Visuals and User Interface
- Strong has been given a mini makeover, everything is brighter, bolder and bigger.
- The app should be easier to navigate, smoother and snappier.
- Font sizes are now increased across the app
- New Redesigned Profile Screen
- Introduced Taptic Feedback for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- The Statistics tab has now been replaced by a customisable dashboard.
- The Dashboard allows you to see the progress of the exercises that are most important to you.
- Pin and unpin the key charts and share with your friends.
Brand New Charts
- Charts have been rewritten completely, with improved performance and added polish
- Full Screen / Landscape mode for Charts is now available!
- Bodyweight and Measurement Charts are now back
- Much more to come!
Improved Apple Health integration
- Strong now integrates fully with Apple Health, particularly workouts
- Strong now retrieves calorie information from Apple Health
- You can now choose between smaller timer increments for more precise timers
- Timer alert matches the Ringer switch on your iPhone
- Additional timer related bug fixes
Improved Checkbox Behaviour
- You can now explicitly complete sets OR use the NEXT button
- Strong now allows you to UNCHECK completed sets
- Strong now supports 3D touch to start workouts from the home screen (iPhone 6s or later required)
- You can now share routines directly with friends
- Sharing Workouts now works better
- Much much better performance
- Quite a few of them - duplicates should be gone
- Fixed profile picture issues
- Fixed some iOS 10 related bugs
- Fixed several UI glitches and minor display issues
- Updated Help Center
Missing anything, or any suggestions? We're here to help.
Please report any issues via email.
Thank you for using Strong - please leave a positive review if you have time, it makes a huge difference!
Next up - Apple Watch, and more!
Perfect for true Gym Rats
This app is the one and only I've found that cuts through the New Years Resolution-style videos and examples and just lets you workout.
It seems made for true lifters. As a competitive bodybuilder, I've never used an app-based log because none of them grasp advanced concepts like Warmup sets, drop sets, super sets, etc. this app does all that very easily.
Everything is super user-friendly and easy to manage. I can input my entire routine and split, and as I follow it day to day, it keeps the stats of everything, including what I warmed up with so next time I go in to repeat that day, it suggests what to warmup with based off of my last time. Genius.
All in all, if you need an app that introduces you to what a barbell is and what the word "rep" means, this isn't for you. If you are an experienced lifter looking for an app without all that beginner fluff, however, this is THE APP for you. This one will help you keep HANGIN PLATES & BANGIN WEIGHTS!! Enjoy!
5/7 Would DL
This app is wonderful for keep track of my fitness progress. Decided to go digital after keeping composition journals for years. The only drawback to this approach that I can see is checking workout history. Haven't stored enough workouts in this app to see if this may be a problem. So far I like the rest timer automatically starting after you input your completed reps. The only issue I have is that the rest timer only has 30s intervals to change the rest period.
Edit: The app is Strong. Can edit default rest times by creating new exercise and setting rest periods to what ever you want. Facebook integration. 1rm progress, volume and best sets/performed reps charts to easily track progress. If you're interested in tracking your fitness progress this is by far the most logical app for that purpose. We're all gonna make it.
Simple but full featured
This is the best workout app I have tried. Logical and intuitive, the app makes it quick and easy for me to enter information without fuss at the gym. Charts are a good feature --more chart customization options would be welcome. Can easily rearrange exercises in a routine. I like being able to enter multiple separate workouts per day, and add exercises to an in-progress workout on the fly (when doing this, it would be great to have a prompt asking "Do you also want to add this to your routine?" so I don't have to do it again). Note, a couple times I have found myself accidentally entering numbers into a routine rather than a workout because the screens look the same and don't require an "edit" step.
Bought the powerpack plus unlock and it was worth it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 24, 2016
- Version: 4.8
- Size: 72.2 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Strong Fitness Ltd.
- © 2016 Strong Fitness Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Features$6.99
- Unlock Strong$4.99
- Strong Power Pack$3.99