The most intuitive workout and exercise tracker for any fitness routine.
Strong is the simplest and most intuitive workout tracker, designed to help you get better results from your workouts. Whether you want to gain strength or just stay healthy, join over 1.2 million people who have downloaded Strong to stay on track in the gym.
“I’d suggest downloading the “Strong” app before you return to the gym. It’s that good” - CNBC
“with apps like Strong, working out feels more like a game” - The Verge
“I have used nearly every logging app since the App Store launched. This is the best bar none”
“I use this every time I go to the gym and seriously couldn't train without it”
“Simple. Intuitive. Functional. Exactly what I was looking for.”
“This is bare bones and serious. Right on, and works perfectly... I wish I could give 10 stars.”
“It's by far the most intuitive and easy to use workout app I’ve used.”
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced powerlifter, Strong provides everything you need to record your workouts as effortlessly and as quickly as possible. Unlike other fitness apps, Strong doesn’t bog you down with distractions and unnecessary gimmicks you’d never use.
Strong is optimized for a progressive barbell routine such as Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5x5, but it is easily adaptable to any other routine of your choosing!
• The simplest interface of any fitness app in the App Store
• A comprehensive range of cardio and strength exercises - and add your own too!
• Fully-featured Apple Watch app to log workouts with or without your iPhone
• Add your own routines and easily choose between them
• Detailed exercise instructions with a growing library of animated videos
• Advanced Statistics show your personal records and progression and even calculate your one rep max and total weight lifted!
• Built in Auto Countdown Timer to help record rest breaks
• Support for multiple Exercise Types, including Assisted Bodyweight and Duration Exercises
• Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets
• Supersets/Grouped Exercises
• Track your progress with graphs for Volume and 1RM Progression
• Automatically back up your data with Cloud Sync!
• Built in body measurements tracker to record your weight and other vitals, with support for Apple Health
• Warm Up Calculator tells you which weights to warm up with
• Plate Calculator for when the weights get high
• Support for Imperial (lbs) and Metric (kg) weights, or a combination of both
• Add notes and progress pictures to your workouts
• Share sheet makes sharing routines and workouts with friends easier than ever!
• Export all of your data to Notes or Email in CSV format
The free version of Strong can save unlimited workouts, but is limited to 3 custom routines. Upgrade to a Strong PRO subscription ($4.99/month or $29.99/year) for an unlimited number of routines and to unlock additional PRO features.
Strong will automatically charge your iTunes Account at the end of your subscription or free trial period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. Subscriptions renew at the original price. You can turn off auto-renew at any time and still receive full functionality until the end of your current period, but no refund can be provided for unused portions of the subscription. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
If you’ve previously purchased “Unlock Strong” or “Strong Combo Pack”, you’ll be able to use the Restore Purchases option in the app for access to all Strong PRO features.
These prices are for customers in the United States and may vary depending on your iTunes Account settings. In-app purchases and subscriptions cannot be shared using Family Sharing.
Strong Terms of Service - http://help.strongapp.io/article/73-strong-terms-of-service
• Fix: Status bar background color doesn't reset after reordering widgets.
New in Strong 5.10
• NEW: A brand new Start Workout screen with folders to organize your Routines!
• NEW: Drag and drop Routines to reorder.
• NEW: Drag and drop custom Folders to reorder (tap and hold on folder title).
• NEW: Collapsible sections in Start Workout.
• NEW: Apple Watch - Routines now organized under folders.
• Fix: View PR button in workout complete screen overlaps home bar.
• Fix: Misleading Failure set help text.
Ratings and Reviews
Best app I’ve ever used to track workouts
If you’re like me and want to keep a close eye on your lifts and progression, this is the app for you. There is a subscription fee which is the most annoying part of the app, but it keeps the developer in business and with the frequent improvements it’s well worth it. I love the Apple Watch app so I can quickly look at my wrist to see what is coming up and log my workouts. The app keeps track of your rest time so you don’t have to think about it. The little tap on the wrist when using the Apple Watch app is helpful and makes for a great user experience. The data visualization for each exercise is useful and there are too many features to list that are awesome. I want to highlight my experience going outside the US. When I went abroad, I had to use metric plates since everyone else uses that. With a simple setting change all my previous lifts were converted to metric so I didn’t have to sit around doing conversions to know how to load the bar. Afterwards, you can simply switch back to pounds and all the data you collected overseas is converted back to US units. For anyone who wants to get into working out and keeping a tab on their improvements, this is the app to get.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review and the love! We take all of our users thoughts to heart to improve the user experience and create the best workout app out there. We couldn't do it without your support and insight and look forward to getting better and better with every update! Happy Lifting. -Strong Team
Best App I’ve Found
I’ve downloaded more than a dozen workout apps and spent significant time with about a half dozen. This is by far the best that I’ve found for daily weight-training workout. It is flexible enough for a wide range of resistance-training routines.
Once you set up your routines on your iPhone app, you can easily start and track your weights and reps from the Apple Watch, which is wonderful. I still usually bring my phone with me for quicker data entry and easier ability to tweak routines. I also can share my workout with my wife and workout partner so that if I go to the gym alone in the morning, they can do the same routine as me (and see my weights). I really appreciate the ability to share workouts.
They’ve even made it so you can start workouts with Siri shortcuts, “Hey Siri, start leg day” etc. I’ve been using this app daily for more than a month as has my wife. The free version of the app is totally usable. We both have upgraded to the annual subscription, primarily to support the developer for an incredible app but also we like the additional features. Yet, if you are looking for a fully functional free app, this works too.
Not completing all exercises in a routine on watch deletes them from the routine
Edit: Fixed!! Thank you, Strong! Got 2 more people using it in the last week.
Hey! I love this app! I use it every day and tell people in my classes to use it! The new update has a really bad bug though. It breaks my use case. I use the new watch with data, so I don’t have to bring my phone with me to the gym. I only use the watch and I log everything on the watch. When I perform a routine and do not perform an exercise or two, those exercises that are not performed are deleted from the routine after save!! I have to go and add them back every time. This breaks my use case. For example, my Tuesday routine contains abs, chest and triceps. I normally load the routine and do abs before I teach my spin class, save routine, then load the routine again after class to do my chest and triceps. But when I opened the routine after spin, the chest and triceps exercises are gone! This has happened every time. Even after I go back and fix it, they are removed again. Please fix!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ll change to 5 stars for fixing.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review and the love! We take all of our users feedback to heart to improve the user experience and create the best workout app out there. We couldn't do it without your support and feedback and look forward to getting better and better with every update! Happy Lifting. -Strong Team
- Strong Fitness Ltd.
- 178.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Strong Fitness Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Strong PRO (1 Month) $4.99
- Unlock + Power Pack (Legacy) $6.99
- Strong PRO (1 Year) $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.