Strong - Workout Tracker and Training Log for Bodybuilding and Weightlifting Routines
By Strong Fitness Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Strong is the simplest and easiest to use fitness app for tracking your weightlifting workouts.
Strong has been downloaded over 500,000 times and ranked Top 5 Fitness app in over 20 countries, including USA, Germany and Canada.
Strong 4 is completely redesigned and optimised for the latest iOS Devices, and now comes with Cloud Sync to back up your data.
"I have used nearly every logging app since the App Store launched. This is the best bar none"
"I use this every time I go to the gym and seriously couldn't train without it"
"Simple. Intuitive. Functional. Exactly what I was looking for."
"This is bare bones and serious. Right on, and works perfectly... I wish I could give 10 stars."
"It's by far the most intuitive and easy to use workout app I've used."
"It's amazing. That's all you need to know."
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced powerlifter, Strong provides everything you need to record your workouts as effortlessly and as quickly as possible. Unlike other fitness apps, Strong doesn't bog you down with pictures and videos you don't need, and provide unnecessary functions you'd never use.
Strong is optimised for a progressive barbell routine such as Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5X5, but it is easily adaptable to any other routine of your choosing!
And you can also select a range of exercises, from Cardio to Assisted Bodyweight for an all in one fitness tracking experience.
- The simplest interface of any fitness app available on the App Store
- Add your own routines and choose easily between them
- Cardio and strength exercises - and add your own too!
- New in Strong 4 - Multiple Exercise Types, including Assisted Bodyweight and Duration Exercises
- New in Strong 4 - See your progress in Graphs for Volume and 1RM Progression
- New in Strong 4 - Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets
- New in Strong 4 - Supersets/Grouped Exercises
- New in Strong 4 - Cloud Sync!
- New in Strong 4 - Built in bodyweight tracker helps you record your weight every workout, and includes Apple HealthKit
- New in Strong 4 - Share sheet makes archiving workouts to Evernote, Notes or Email easier than ever!
- New in Strong 4 - Full Screen Timer for easier notification
- Warm Up Calculator tells you which weights to warm up with
- Plate calculator for when the weights get high
- US(lbs) AND Metric(kg) weight support
- Add additional notes to your workout
- Advanced Statistics show your personal records and progression, and even calculate your one rep max and total weight lifted!
- Export workout information by email to CSV format, as well as full Database Export
- Built in Auto Countdown Timer to help record rest breaks
Note: Strong requires the "Unlock Strong" In App Purchase in order to enter more than 4 workouts. But feel free to try it for as long as you like!
What's New in Version 4.3
- Lots of improvements to app performance, app is faster and smoother UI animations
- Several bug fixes
- Added ability to change language independently of device settings
- Added ability to batch delete all sets / entire exercise when logging
Please leave a positive review on the app store if possible, it makes a huge difference! There's a lot more to come in Strong.
Missing anything, or any suggestions? We're here to help :)
Please report any issues! Thank you for using Strong.
Welcome to the all new Strong. This is the big one!
We've been able to add several of the most requested features in this update, and hope you enjoy the changes! Sync may take a while, so please be patient.
A lot has changed in this version, and it may take a little adjustment - please let us know what you think directly instead of leaving a negative review.
ALL NEW DESIGN
- Strong has been rebuilt and redesigned from scratch
- Unified Log Workout Screen allows for faster workout recording
- Cleaner interface
- Better Graphs
- All New Keyboard Entry
Cloud sync is finally here! Workouts are now synced to the cloud, and you can now perform your workouts on multiple Apple devices.
New Exercise Types
- Strong now includes Assisted Bodyweight, Dumbbells and Duration Exercise categories for more precise tracking
All New Graphs
- Now track max reps and PR Progression in graphical format
- Graphs for Cardio and Duration Exercises
- Tag your sets individually as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets
Share Sheet Integration
- Share your workouts immediately into other applications, such as Day One, Evernote, Slack or iMessage
- Share Workouts directly with friends
- Strong now syncs bodyweight directly with Apple Health
- You can also now record Body Fat Percentage
- You can now group exercises together as Supersets
Full Screen Timer
- Timers are now customisable per Exercise
- You can now minimise your workout while it's in progress
- Conversion of Workouts to Routines is simpler and easier
- Improved navigation around the app
- Add Progress Photos to your Workouts
Oh yeah, and Sound Effects.
Many many more smaller improvements!
Truly Awful Since the Update
Unfortunately I updated Strong (an app I previously would've rated 5 stars) a few days ago, and I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in how every functional, intuitive, uncluttered and easy to use function of this app has seemingly disappeared. Making each workout page one long spreadsheet was simply moronic, Strong previously displayed every exercise of a workout on a single easy to view screen but now is difficult to view through the clutter of seeing each lifts sets and reps. Moving specific exercise within an active workout used to be simple, but now is difficult and buggy (you practically have to delete every set and rep listed to move them now). I hate the new single long list of lifts when attempting to add an exercise to your workout, it was functional and clutter free when it was previously organized by body part. The new keypad is small and not intuitive. The black and white contrast of the new design is visually harsh. Having to wait until the end of a workout to see total weight lifted, as well as, other metrics is horrible. This is not the app I paid for! My workouts have been much longer the past couple of days due to attempting to navigate and search through this cluttered mess of an app. Currently downloading all of its competitors.
Making Strong Great Again
With any new large update, hiccups happen. Strong 3 was fantastic, but had its flaws. Strong 4 fixed these flaws, but created some new ones or left old, important features in the dust. However, the Strong Dev team has already been asking the community for feedback, and it's apparent they're working hard to get the app to the point where the community wants it. With this newest update they're already pushing in the right direction, and it's only a matter of time before Strong is, well, strong again. The app is still good, the community just wants to push to make it great. This app is definitely still worth using.
Great since update
I think this app is actually great since the update. The ui looks much better and functionality has been improved. People don't understand how much work and money go into making an app and for 6.99 for all the features this app is an absolute steal. Really helps me track my workouts and stay on track with what I am supposed to be doing. Adding new exercises and workout is also easy as long as your not totally incompetent as it seems a few other reviewers are. All in all a great app! Keep up the good work!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 16, 2016
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 33.6 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Strong Fitness Ltd.
- © 2016 Strong Fitness Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock + Power Pack$6.99
- Unlock Strong$4.99
- Strong Power Pack$3.99