Strong - Workout Tracker and Training Log for Bodybuilding and Weightlifting Routines
By Strong Fitness Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Strong is the simplest and easiest to use fitness app for tracking your weightlifting workouts.
Strong has been downloaded over 500,000 times and ranked Top 5 Fitness app in over 20 countries, including USA, Germany and Canada.
Strong 4 is completely redesigned and optimised for the latest iOS Devices, and now comes with Cloud Sync to back up your data.
"I have used nearly every logging app since the App Store launched. This is the best bar none"
"I use this every time I go to the gym and seriously couldn't train without it"
"Simple. Intuitive. Functional. Exactly what I was looking for."
"This is bare bones and serious. Right on, and works perfectly... I wish I could give 10 stars."
"It's by far the most intuitive and easy to use workout app I've used."
"It's amazing. That's all you need to know."
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced powerlifter, Strong provides everything you need to record your workouts as effortlessly and as quickly as possible. Unlike other fitness apps, Strong doesn't bog you down with pictures and videos you don't need, and provide unnecessary functions you'd never use.
Strong is optimised for a progressive barbell routine such as Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5X5, but it is easily adaptable to any other routine of your choosing!
And you can also select a range of exercises, from Cardio to Assisted Bodyweight for an all in one fitness tracking experience.
- The simplest interface of any fitness app available on the App Store
- Add your own routines and choose easily between them
- Cardio and strength exercises - and add your own too!
- New in Strong 4 - Multiple Exercise Types, including Assisted Bodyweight and Duration Exercises
- New in Strong 4 - See your progress in Graphs for Volume and 1RM Progression
- New in Strong 4 - Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets
- New in Strong 4 - Supersets/Grouped Exercises
- New in Strong 4 - Cloud Sync!
- New in Strong 4 - Built in bodyweight tracker helps you record your weight every workout, and includes Apple HealthKit
- New in Strong 4 - Share sheet makes archiving workouts to Evernote, Notes or Email easier than ever!
- New in Strong 4 - Full Screen Timer for easier notification
- Warm Up Calculator tells you which weights to warm up with
- Plate calculator for when the weights get high
- US(lbs) AND Metric(kg) weight support
- Add additional notes to your workout
- Advanced Statistics show your personal records and progression, and even calculate your one rep max and total weight lifted!
- Export workout information by email to CSV format, as well as full Database Export
- Built in Auto Countdown Timer to help record rest breaks
Note: Strong requires the "Unlock Strong" In App Purchase in order to enter more than 4 workouts. But feel free to try it for as long as you like!
What's New in Version 4.5
Hope everyone is doing well - this is the biggest update yet!
Body Part Sorting
- You can now sort exercises by body part (again). The sections are now collapsable too, accordion style.
- Thanks for your feedback on this, we know people have been wanting it, and we'll add more here down the line as well.
Pinned / Fixed Notes
- You can now add Pinned notes to your exercises. They are useful for keeping track of machine settings, or just leaving notes for yourself. This has been requested for a while, and we hope you enjoy using it.
- Regular notes are easier to edit and access now as well
- Simplification of timer and addition of +30s/-30 buttons
- Previous update made the timer ignore the ringer switch. This was not good for people working out in the library. You can now mute the timer at all times in Settings -> Silent Mode
New Screens and UI Improvements
- New Select Routine screen replaces the old pop over. More to come on this.
- Now check volume increases in exercises. More on this soon!
- Notes and Warm Up Calculator are now easier to access
- Frequency is now Most Recent
- Improvements to German translation - thanks Ralph!
- Prevent Device Sleep in Settings - you can now let the device sleep during a workout. Or not. It's up to you.
- Fixed timer bugs
- Fixed occasional Share Button crashing bug (thanks to Rachel and others for mentioning this one)
- Improved power consumption (or rather Strong consumes less power now)
- Other tiny UI tweaks that hardly anyone will notice!
Please rate us or even leave a review on the App Store, it makes a huge difference and keeps us going! There's bigger and better updates to come.
Missing anything, or any suggestions? We're here to help - email@example.com :)
Thank you for using Strong.
Update reset my IAP
Review Update: suddenly the app has logged me out. My password doesn't work (of course it doesn't work). I've used the reset option 5 times, but when I type in the new password (that I just created 5 minutes prior) THAT doesn't work. Okay so...?
I'm not completely sold on the new layout, to be honest. What I appreciated most about the original, is that it was very simple and uncluttered. My issue however is that suddenly I'm unable to see the graph that tracks my bodyweight. With the original app I purchased the power pack ($6.99) but now with the upgrade I've LOST features. And when I hit "restore purchases" nothing even happens. So no weight graph. Also the calendar doesn't have days on it? How does that work? But again, what happened to my in app purchases? I was even open to paying again (which I totally shouldn't have to do) but it doesn't even allow that as an option. Come on strong, don't let me down.
5/7 Would DL
This app is wonderful for keep track of my fitness progress. Decided to go digital after keeping composition journals for years. The only drawback to this approach that I can see is checking workout history. Haven't stored enough workouts in this app to see if this may be a problem. So far I like the rest timer automatically starting after you input your completed reps. The only issue I have is that the rest timer only has 30s intervals to change the rest period. However if you want to rest like say 45s you could just start your set with 15s left on the rest timer. No big deal. All in all great app for keeping track of your fitness progress. Would download again, 5/7.
Weight lifting indispensable
Version 4.5 is out so its time for an update: Strong has gotten even better while carefully keeping the best features intact in terms of the focus and minimalism any serious trainee would look for. This app keeps you on track during and around workouts without weighing you down with frivolous features such as social networks and such junk.
Usability is clearly central to their design approach.
Ok well you could stick to pen and paper as I was doing for the last couple of months but ultimately if you have your phone with you all the time you want something you want one forgot.
The advantage of pen and paper is that you can quickly see your stats and this was the weakness of other bloated apps.
Strong has been the only one so far that removes the cruft and focuses on the exercises with just enough features to allow you to move quickly through your workout.
The app is not perfect (yet) but the developers are responsive and regularly updating it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Aug 10, 2016
- Version: 4.5
- Size: 33.9 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Strong Fitness Ltd.
- © 2016 Strong Fitness Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock + Power Pack$6.99
- Unlock Strong$4.99
- Strong Power Pack$3.99