Build the body and strength you always wanted.
StrongLifts is your personal trainer. Get the simplest, most effective workout plan to get stronger and build muscle.
Rated 5 stars by thousands of users.
Results from StrongLifters...
• Used for 3 months! Excellent results 285lb squat!
• I've gained 8 pounds of muscle in 3 months.
• After 12 weeks I'm now aiming for the 300lb squat and getting my bench above 220lb.
• In 3 weeks my squat has gone up by 45lb. It's an exercise I've struggled with in the past, but now it's one of my favourites.
• Being middle aged, overweight and never lifted weight this was what I needed. I am gaining muscle and strength, losing inches on the waist and squatted 220lb for the first time. I am more than happy.
Here’s how to get started with StrongLifts
1. Enter your best lifts (Squat, Bench, Deadlift,…), or start as a complete beginner
2. Watch how we calculate your optimal starting weights for each exercise
3. Get motivated by how much we predict you’ll be lifting in 12 weeks
4. Follow the workout plan, and build strength and muscle!
Stop wasting time in the gym, and start getting results. The StrongLifts 5x5 workout plan only takes three workouts a week of 45 minutes each. It's simple but effective..
• Intense, full body workouts to target every muscle with only three exercises
• Free weight, barbell exercises like Squats to build maximum strength and muscle
• Science-backed “Progressive Overload” to trigger gains and motivation
• Easy start with high exercise frequency to master proper form
• Rest days between workouts for optimal muscle recovery
• Visible, objective progress to keep you motivated
• Simple workouts to increase gym consistency
Most fitness apps only log your workouts but don’t show you how to get results. StrongLifts guides you through each workout like a personal trainer. It does all the thinking for you so you can focus on lifting. With StrongLifts you’ll know…
• How much weight to start with
• Which exercises to do each workout
• When to add weight, and by how much
• How to adjust for failures and plateaus
• When to deload, or switch sets & reps
• How long to rest between every set
• How much to lift after a break
You'll love the simplicity and ease-of-use of StrongLifts. Most fitness apps do too many things and are complicated to use. StrongLifts keeps it simple and saves you time…
• Easy to log - tap the circles to enter your sets, keep tapping to lower the reps
• Easy to adjust - tap the weight to change it, or let StrongLifts progress the weight
• Easy to follow - rest after each set, do your next set when the timer rings
• Easy to track progress - watch your strength increase on graphs
• Easy to learn - watch in-app videos of workouts
Apple Health compatible: sync workouts, body-weight, calories
Download StrongLifts and try our free workout plan. Upgrade to Pro for even better results with warmups, plate calculator, assistance exercises, and more.
StrongLifts Pro can be purchased for three months or yearly. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew at the end of the period, for the same price. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time up until 24-hours before the end of the subscription period in your Account Settings. When you cancel the auto-renewal, access to the Pro features will not expire immediately, you will have access until the end of the current payment period.
Our goal is to build the simplest, most effective way to build strength and muscle. We improve StrongLifts using your review and feedback. This is how we help you get "5-star" results in the gym.
Thanks for using StrongLifts! We're working on v2.10 which will have tons of app improvements, including graphs rebuilt from the ground up. After that's done we'll be able to introduce new features and Apple Watch support.
• Some users were not getting access to Pro immediately after purchase, or when a rebill happened. We did a few more improvements to the purchase validations so access to Pro is instant.
• Fixed bp/row and ohp/dl resetting to starting weights in some cases. Weights will automatically increase again now (check your increment settings in settings - workout - tap the exercise - increments).
• Adding plates with decimals now works when keyboard set to comma
• Unlocking StrongLifts Pro wasn't working over the weekend, now fixed.
• Updated app info to optimize discovery (devs have been working on bigger changes meanwhile).
• A/B button no longer shows for done workouts, only new/ongoing
• A/B button now requires a confirmation on every tap to avoid tapping by mistake (some people were complaining about lost sets, not a bug but a feature)
• A/B button popup message reminds you one workout per day max. Hopefully people who don't read the StrongLifts 5x5 guide will now stop trying to do two workouts in a row...
• Changing the workout date to a date where you already logged a workout is no longer possible, to avoid duplicate workouts.
• Fixed StrongLifts Pro features not immediately available after unlock in some cases. Manual restore is now longer needed, it will work right away.
• Fixed StrongLifts Pro not working cross-platform for certain users (contact us if you're still having that issue after this update, you might need a manual fix)
• Fixed some purchases not working if you had multiple purchases, including legacy ones (Power Pack, individual features). Again, we won't block previous purchases, even if you don't upgrade to StrongLifts Pro. Really.
• Fixed purchase recovery screen freezing in some cases
• Fixed several issues that were causing the app to crash. We're at over 99.82% crash-free sessions now.
## Issues, questions or suggestions?
• Please read the workout guide - https://stronglifts.com/5x5/
• Please read our FAQ - https://support.stronglifts.com/
• Contact from the app - settings - about - contact / email@example.com
## Like StrongLifts?
• Please rate the app 5 stars so more people find it
Ratings and Reviews
It’s disgusting how you went from a one time payment for a few simple extras on the app to try and charge people $4 a month for practically nothing. This isn’t even your own original workout, yes you made the app and I was a fan until I saw that your trying to charge people a monthly fee for something that you use to charge a one time flat charge, and nothing in the app has even changed!!
The app has been out for some time now, and nothing has changed since it came out so I don’t know what cost your talking about. And the app was making money buy already charging a high price for the premium version of the app. For what you get it was already over priced. Trying to charge a monthly fee for it is flat out disgusting and you clearly have no gauge on product vs worth. Your app is now the prime example of an ugly girl with money thinking she’s hot. And since you have the time to reply to almost every negative response(copious amounts since this monthly fee) on reddit and here, it’s obvious you have too much free time on your hands due to the over price app your making money off of people trying to live healthier lives, off of a workout that you didn’t even make, put into a plain app with 2 features. Hope you sleep well bud.
The app costs money to make. Need to make money or there's no app. If you don't want to pay, just use the app for free. You can do the full program for free.
Best weight lifting app no exaggeration
I did stronglifts before years ago before my fitness life took a detour into crossfit. But recently I've concluded that for most schedules and budgets stronglifts is all that you really need. It's blindingly simple, easy to start and stick to, and most importantly IT WORKS.
Now, in the past I tracked my progress with a clunky spreadsheet on the phone. It was fine but not ideal. This app has transformed that. There is no typing involved. No planning ahead. Just show up to your gym, open the app, and start checking off completed sets. If you're a novice let me tell you: exercise is actually the easiest part of working out. The hard part is getting started and then sticking with it. At least for me, this app has made those challenges way easier to overcome.
Oh and always remember to warm up. The pro version of this app will help you do that too and if you're already paying for a gym membership the additional cost should be basically negligible.
Great app, highly recommend it.
I downloaded this app a long time ago. I finally got around to using it and I’m kicking myself that I took so long.
I had been a member of a gym, attending small group sessions with a trainer performing a circuit of mostly machine exercises. A change in jobs made this option inconvenient and expensive for me. I knew that I needed the structure that this kind of program offered, otherwise I would just get bored and frustrated with the experience.
This app provides a well-defined, easy to follow plan, with a great interface. Following the program and using the app really simplifies my whole gym experience. Personally, I don’t like having to decide what exercises to complete for how many reps, at what weight, etc. I got the structure that I needed from StrongLifts.
Tapping the screen after finishing a set is a helpful mental milestone, the rest timer between sets keeps me focused, and after completing a StrongLifts session I feel like I’ve accomplished something. Far from dreading the experience, I’m already planning my rest, nutrition, and schedule for my next session.
My iPhone case has a “steelie” magnet (for a car mount) stuck to the back, allowing me to stick my iPhone to the power rack that I’m using. Very convenient and helpful for keeping track of sets.
StrongLifts interfaces with Apple Health to log workout time. I’d like to see interaction with my Fitbit app as well.
- Stronglifts Limited
- 84.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2007-2018 StrongLifts, Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- StrongLifts Power Pack $99.99
- StrongLifts Warmup Sets $99.99
- StrongLifts Pro Annual $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.