StrongLifts 5x5: The Simplest, Most Effective Workout to Get Stronger, Build Muscle and Burn Fat Fast
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured by Apple in the TV commercial "strength".
The simplest, most effective workout to get stronger, build muscle and burn fat fast. Three exercises, three times a week, 45 minutes per workout. Thousands of people worldwide have used the StrongLifts 5x5 workout app to get stronger, build muscle and burn fat. All without training more than three times a week.
The StrongLifts 5x5 workout app is like having a personal strength and muscle building coach in your pocket. The app guides you through every StrongLifts 5x5 workout. It shows you which exercise to do each workout, with how much weight, how long to rest between sets and a lot more. This takes the guess work out of your training so you can focus on lifting!
= OVER 9000 5 STAR REVIEWS =
5/5 Used for 3 months! Excellent results 130kg squat !!!
5/5 Works great! I love this program! Making all kinds of gains!!
5/5 Clean, simple and intuitive Phenomenal app. It's my bro-app to do some lifting with.
= FEATURES =
- FREE DOWNLOAD
- Simple, easy and intuitive design
- Integrates the StrongLifts 5x5 workout
- Records weights, sets and reps - no more pen and paper!
- Know which exercise to do and how much to lift each workout
- Auto-alternate workout A/B, switch manually anytime from the menu
- Auto-add weight each workout, set increments/microload in settings
- Auto-deload/repeat the weight if you missed reps or hit a plateau
- Timer suggests how long to rest between sets based on last set
- Graphs to view your progresson all the lifts and for body-weight
- Calendar for weekly and monthly overviews of your workouts
- Notes for tracking assistance exercises or how workout went
- Kg/lb – set this on first use, switch anytime in settings
- Bar setting: set the weight of your barbell in settings
- Auto-backup workouts to cloud, sync to any device
- Videos of workout and exercises
= Get Even Better Results with The StrongLifts Power Pack! =
Unlock the StrongLifts Power Pack to gain access to even more features. These will save you even more "brain" work in the gym, help you break through plateaus and allow you to add assistance exercises to emphasize certain muscles. Here are all the features the Power Pack unlocks...
- Warmup sets, reps and weights calculator for all exercises
- Assistance work - unlock assistance exercises to target body-parts like arms, abs, calves
- Custom Assistance - create your own custom assistance exercise, with your sets and reps
- Plate calculator - list breakdown of plates to add with easy graph displays
- 3x5/3x3/1x3 - break plateaus by switching to 3x5/3x3/1x3 once 5x5 stops working
- Apple Health: sync workouts, estimated calories burned and body-weight with Apple Health
- Export your workouts to csv and view them with excel
Note: purchasing the Power Pack also supports the team behind this app, and keeps the app free of ads. If you find the app helpful, purchase the Power Pack to support us.
= ABOUT STRONGLIFTS 5x5 =
StrongLifts 5x5 is the simplest, most effecive workout to get stronger, build muscle and burn fat. 3 full body compound exercises exercises, 3x/week, 45 mins per workout. The first workout A you Squat, Bench and Barbell Row. After taking one day rest, you do the second workout B – Squat, Overhead Press and Deadlift. Start light to focus on form and build confidence under the bar, then add weight each workout.
The StrongLifts 5x5 app does the thinking for you so you can focus on lifting. But you can find more info about the StrongLifts 5x5 workout on the StrongLifts.com website at http://stronglifts.com/5x5/
= SUPPORT =
If you experience any issues with the StrongLifts 5x5 workout app or have suggestions to improve it, we'd love to hear from you! Just contact us from the app by going to menu - help. This way we have your phone info. -Mehdi
= LIKE STRONGLIFTS 5x5?=
If you like StrongLifts 5x5, please rate the app 5-stars on iTunes so more people find it -Mehdi
What's New in Version 2.7.9
New in 2.7.9
* Fixes an issue with incorrect plate calculations
* Fixes an issue with some workouts missing when switching from Android to iOS
* Fixes an issue with some B workouts missing
* Fixes and issue with Apple Health Workout duration
* Fixes and issue with Apple Health not syncing
* Fixes some minor UI issues
* A few general bug fixes and stability improvements
Thank you so much for the feedback and reports, we're listening and working hard to address any and all issues. If you discover any issues, contact us directly through the app menu -> help. If you like the app, please rate it 5 stars so more people find it. -Mehdi
Amazingly simple. Perfect for beginners.
I had never been serious about weightlifting, mainly because I thought I could never get a chiseled physique, but also because the entire world of strength training seemed very confusing. I discovered the 5X5 program and was immediately drawn to its simplicity. I was skeptical about the possibilities using such a simple routine, but the testimonials were quite compelling. I've been doing these workouts for about 12 weeks, and my body has never looked this good. I've gotten comments from almost everyone I know, demanding that I tell them what I've been doing. If you are a beginner like me, this workout routine is perfect. I'm not saying it's easy, but it will get you results. The app is really great too. I used to keep a journal to keep track of my progress, but I don't have to anymore thanks to this app. Even though I was making gains, I found that I was resting too long between sets. The app sets the timer for you depending on whether or not you completed a set, it automatically adds the weight to your next workout, and lets you see your progress over time. This makes my life a lot easier. Thanks to all who have worked on this app!
Adequate app but terrible customer support
This is my first time writing a review for any product, and if I could give a lower score I would.
I purchased the premium version of the app for its increased functionality, but more specifically its ability to sync with Apple health. At first my issues were minor, lack of variety for ab workouts, and no ability to record more reps for an exercise then the program suggested. If these were my only issues I wouldn't have given it two thoughts, and continued to use it. However, my real issue was that it would only sync with Apple health less than 50% of the time. This was a big deal to me so I reached out to customer support, and things quickly turned combative. I was told to "stop complaining," that it worked on his phone, so I must be doing something wrong, and that I had to wait for them to fix it or I could "start from scratch with another app." Well I am willing to take him up on his offer. I have since asked Apple for a refund. This has definitely been some of the worst customer support I've received from any app developer, and would not recommend anyone purchase this app.
Great for beginners
I have the paid version of this app and I love it. I am a female who was always scared to lift weights because I had no clue what I was doing. This app (and the web site) gave me the confidence to start lifting. I started with the empty bar and I'm seeing improvement every time I lift. I love that I see progress every workout. Lifting heavy three days a week makes me feel amazing the rest of the week. I don't know how this app would work for someone with lifting experience but as someone who's always wanted to lift but been overwhelmed with all the different machines and workout plans this is a total life saver.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Aug 03, 2016
- Version: 2.7.9
- Size: 40.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Stronglifts Limited
- © 2007-2016 StrongLifts.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- StrongLifts Power Pack$9.99
- StrongLifts Warmup Sets$1.99
- StrongLifts Arm Work Assistance$1.99
- StrongLifts Plate Calculator$1.99
- StrongLifts Switch 3x5$1.99
- StrongLifts Power Pack$9.99
- StrongLifts Pro Backup$1.99
- StrongLifts Switch 3x3$1.99
- StrongLifts Switch 1x3$1.99