StrongLifts 5x5: The Simplest, Most Effective Workout to Get Stronger, Build Muscle and Burn Fat Fast
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured by Apple in the TV commercial "strength".
The simplest, most effective workout to get stronger, build muscle and burn fat fast. Three exercises, three times a week, 45 minutes per workout. Thousands of people worldwide have used the StrongLifts 5x5 workout app to get stronger, build muscle and burn fat. All without training more than three times a week.
The StrongLifts 5x5 workout app is like having a personal strength and muscle building coach in your pocket. The app guides you through every StrongLifts 5x5 workout. It shows you which exercise to do each workout, with how much weight, how long to rest between sets and a lot more. This takes the guess work out of your training so you can focus on lifting!
= OVER 9000 5 STAR REVIEWS =
5/5 Used for 3 months! Excellent results 130kg squat !!!
5/5 Works great! I love this program! Making all kinds of gains!!
5/5 Clean, simple and intuitive Phenomenal app. It's my bro-app to do some lifting with.
= FEATURES =
- FREE DOWNLOAD
- Simple, easy and intuitive design
- Integrates the StrongLifts 5x5 workout
- Records weights, sets and reps - no more pen and paper!
- Know which exercise to do and how much to lift each workout
- Auto-alternate workout A/B, switch manually anytime from the menu
- Auto-add weight each workout, set increments/microload in settings
- Auto-deload/repeat the weight if you missed reps or hit a plateau
- Timer suggests how long to rest between sets based on last set
- Graphs to view your progresson all the lifts and for body-weight
- Calendar for weekly and monthly overviews of your workouts
- Notes for tracking assistance exercises or how workout went
- Kg/lb – set this on first use, switch anytime in settings
- Bar setting: set the weight of your barbell in settings
- Auto-backup workouts to cloud, sync to any device
- Videos of workout and exercises
= Get Even Better Results with The StrongLifts Power Pack! =
Unlock the StrongLifts Power Pack to gain access to even more features. These will save you even more "brain" work in the gym, help you break through plateaus and allow you to add assistance exercises to emphasize certain muscles. Here are all the features the Power Pack unlocks...
- Warmup sets, reps and weights calculator for all exercises
- Assistance work - unlock assistance exercises to target body-parts like arms, abs, calves
- Custom Assistance - create your own custom assistance exercise, with your sets and reps
- Plate calculator - list breakdown of plates to add with easy graph displays
- 3x5/3x3/1x3 - break plateaus by switching to 3x5/3x3/1x3 once 5x5 stops working
- Export your workouts to csv and view them with excel
Note: purchasing the Power Pack also supports the team behind this app, and keeps the app free of ads. If you find the app helpful, purchase the Power Pack to support us.
= ABOUT STRONGLIFTS 5x5 =
StrongLifts 5x5 is the simplest, most effecive workout to get stronger, build muscle and burn fat. 3 full body compound exercises exercises, 3x/week, 45 mins per workout. The first workout A you Squat, Bench and Barbell Row. After taking one day rest, you do the second workout B – Squat, Overhead Press and Deadlift. Start light to focus on form and build confidence under the bar, then add weight each workout.
The StrongLifts 5x5 app does the thinking for you so you can focus on lifting. But you can find more info about the StrongLifts 5x5 workout on the StrongLifts.com website at http://stronglifts.com/5x5/
= SUPPORT =
If you experience any issues with the StrongLifts 5x5 workout app or have suggestions to improve it, we'd love to hear from you! Just contact us from the app by going to menu - help. This way we have your phone info. -Mehdi
= LIKE STRONGLIFTS 5x5?=
If you like StrongLifts 5x5, please rate the app 5-stars on iTunes so more people find it -Mehdi
What's New in Version 2.7.4
* Fixed app pausing music
Please note that we can't respond to reviews on iTunes. If you have any issues, contact us through the app - menu - help - contact us. If you like StrongLifts 5x5, please rate the app 5-stars on iTunes so more people find it
Great app, keeps me on target
I'll be turning 42 this year and have zero history of lifting. I realized that a) I needed to do something •now• to slow down my rate of aging; and b) I needed help doing it.
5x5 has been that help. 5 weeks in, I haven't missed a beat, I know where I am on my progression to being stronger and more solid, and I know where I'm headed. It was with great satisfaction that I was forced to go to my local sporting goods store to buy a pair of 45lb plates that I needed for this morning's lift. I'm already looking forward to my next trip out to pick up my first pair of 100s.
Update: 10 weeks in and haven't missed a beat. I'm 3 workout sessions from my goal of squatting my body weight at 225lbs. By that time I'll be deadlifting 245lbs. (New plates are right around the corner!) I'm also really impressed with how it works me through exercises that I'm not hitting on my first try; for me, the overhead press. Was stuck at 90lbs for 3 sessions, stuck at 95 for 2 and 100 for 2. The app remembers and keeps pressing on those weights until you are able to press 5x5.
First you learn it, and this will track it.
First off, make sure you go through the whole StrongLifts website before you even think about using this app; this isn't the best teaching tool but it's your own personal regimen wrapped up with a good bow on top. These exercises are hard and dangerous if you don't do them right but perfectly safe if you have it down good. Ask your coach/trainer/older sibling how to do some of these at least and have someone check your posture for the first few days. Besides that:
This app is great. Tracking, timers, personal records, and even some pep talks for when you're feeling down. Never crashes, totally bug free, it even exports your progress chart so you can boast about it. There's a warmup tracking and plate counting package for $10 which I haven't personally bought yet due to tight funds lately but once I can afford even $10 I'll toss it down on this.
One final reminder and warning though, with added emphasis: this app is NOT a training tool, it's a tracking tool. It's a dang good one too. And also, don't go downloading this unless you know everything that's expected from you when you do the 5x5 workout. You get this after you read up on it.
Besides that, if you're starting on 5x5 soon, I highly recommend getting this app because it will be your most vital tool down the road. Good luck!
Easiest way to get strong
This app is great. I've been doing all kinds of magazine and internet workouts for years but this app is finally getting me fast results. This is the first time I've been able to easily deadlift and squat the weight I'm currently at. Plus the app keeps my gym time focused, so I don't waste any time. I keep my phone on the floor in the corner next to the power rack, and hit each box as I finish my lifts. The plate calculator makes it easy so I don't have to figure out what to put on the bar. I even use the warmup calculator, and the supplement exercise too. The workout is super easy for the first 3 weeks so you'll want to add some of the supplemental stuff in, if you're addicted to working out like me. I leave the gym in an hour or less, and I always feel great after. I highly recommend this workout routine and app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 11, 2016
- Version: 2.7.4
- Size: 42.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Stronglifts Limited
- © 2007-2016 StrongLifts.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- StrongLifts Power Pack$9.99
- StrongLifts Warmup Sets$1.99
- StrongLifts Arm Work Assistance$1.99
- StrongLifts Plate Calculator$1.99
- StrongLifts Switch 3x5$1.99
- StrongLifts Power Pack$9.99
- StrongLifts Pro Backup$1.99
- StrongLifts Switch 3x3$1.99
- StrongLifts Switch 1x3$1.99