StrongLifts 5x5: The Simplest, Most Effective Workout to Get Stronger, Build Muscle and Burn Fat Fast
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured by Apple in the TV commercial "strength".
The simplest, most effective workout to get stronger, build muscle and burn fat fast. Three exercises, three times a week, 45 minutes per workout. Thousands of people worldwide have used the StrongLifts 5x5 workout app to get stronger, build muscle and burn fat. All without training more than three times a week.
The StrongLifts 5x5 workout app is like having a personal strength and muscle building coach in your pocket. The app guides you through every StrongLifts 5x5 workout. It shows you which exercise to do each workout, with how much weight, how long to rest between sets and a lot more. This takes the guess work out of your training so you can focus on lifting!
= OVER 7000 5 STAR REVIEWS =
5/5 Used for 3 months! Excellent results 130kg squat !!!
5/5 Works great! I love this program! Making all kinds of gains!!
5/5 Clean, simple and intuitive Phenomenal app. It's my bro-app to do some lifting with.
= FEATURES =
- FREE DOWNLOAD
- Simple, easy and intuitive design
- Integrates the StrongLifts 5x5 workout
- Records weights, sets and reps - no more pen and paper!
- Know which exercise to do and how much to lift each workout
- Auto-alternate workout A/B, switch manually anytime from the menu
- Auto-add weight each workout, set increments/microload in settings
- Auto-deload/repeat the weight if you missed reps or hit a plateau
- Timer suggests how long to rest between sets based on last set
- Graphs to view your progresson all the lifts and for body-weight
- Calendar for weekly and monthly overviews of your workouts
- Notes for tracking assistance exercises or how workout went
- Kg/lb – set this on first use, switch anytime in settings
- Bar setting: set the weight of your barbell in settings
- Backup workouts automatically to iCloud each week
- Videos of workout and exercises
= Get Even Better Results with The StrongLifts Power Pack! =
Unlock the StrongLifts Power Pack to gain access to even more features. These will save you even more "brain" work in the gym, help you break through plateaus and allow you to add assistance exercises to emphasize certain muscles. Here are all the features the Power Pack unlocks...
- Warmup sets, reps and weights calculator for all exercises
- Arm work - extra chinups/dips assistance exercises to build bigger arms
- Plate calculator - list breakdown of plates to add with easy graph displays
- 3x5/3x3/1x3 - break plateaus by switching to 3x5/3x3/1x3 once 5x5 stops working
- Custom Assistance work - add your own custom assistance exercise to StrongLifts 5x5
- Pro Backup - backup your workouts to dropbox or google drive, and export them to csv
Note: purchasing the Power Pack also supports the team behind this app, and keeps the app free of ads. If you find the app helpful, purchase the Power Pack to support us.
= ABOUT STRONGLIFTS 5x5 =
StrongLifts 5x5 is the simplest, most effecive workout to get stronger, build muscle and burn fat. 3 full body compound exercises exercises, 3x/week, 45 mins per workout. The first workout A you Squat, Bench and Barbell Row. After taking one day rest, you do the second workout B – Squat, Overhead Press and Deadlift. Start light to focus on form and build confidence under the bar, then add weight each workout.
The StrongLifts 5x5 app does the thinking for you so you can focus on lifting. But you can find more info about the StrongLifts 5x5 workout on the StrongLifts.com website at http://stronglifts.com/5x5/
= SUPPORT =
If you experience any issues with the StrongLifts 5x5 workout app or have suggestions to improve it, we'd love to hear from you! Just contact us from the app by going to menu - help. This way we have your phone info. -Mehdi
= LIKE STRONGLIFTS 5x5?=
If you like StrongLifts 5x5, please rate the app 5-stars on iTunes so more people find it -Mehdi
What's New in Version 2.6.7
* Fixed body-weight showing "null"
* Fixed graphs showing kg when using lb
* Plus various small improvements and fixes
Any issues or feedback, contact us through menu - help. If you like StrongLifts 5x5, please rate the app 5-stars on iTunes so more people find it -Mehdi
Great for beginners, easy to stick with
Squat, bench, row, and deadlift are essentials for beginners, we all know that, but sometimes we just don't know exactly what to do today. This app organises them so you know exactly what to do every session, and end up having worked out every mass too. And for people lack of patience (such as me), 5 reps is endlessly more attractive than 12 or 15. Plus with a challenging weight it's more effective too (depending on your goal too of course). I would suggest including weight suggestions for girls, cuz I sure as heck ain't gonna start with 20kg! (I started with half that). And if I could edit the weights so I have an exact record of how much I lifted every workout, it would be better too. I think this is a great app for gym-goers who do not hire coaches.
Usually a great app but unresolved bugs big issue
Update: there's been another version released, and it still has the same issues. Notes are lost and workouts are not saved. The weight tracking issue has been fixed though.
I've used this app for a while now. The improvements have been great. However there are a few unresolved bugs that are big issues now. First, it does not save your workout after you tap "finish" on your workout. It appears that it does but when you return to the app next workout there's your old workout waiting on you. The most frustrating part is that it completely loses your notes! They are gone. Also after the most recent release, weight tracking is broken. It now adds a (null) after your weight and it doesn't track on the graphs. Very frustrating. Hope these bugs can get squashed quickly. I will happily update my review when this app has been fixed.
Great app for a great program
At age 44 I had settled into semi-sedentary habits. I was an active cyclist on the weekend, but it wasn't enough to counteract a week of sitting at the computer. I was introduced to 5 x 5 and started enjoying results sooner than I dared hope.
All of my records, however, were on paper. I also discovered that I was incorrectly switching between the A and B workouts. I discovered the app and realized that the paper records were such a waste of time. It tracks which workout you're doing, what weight to lift, and reacts appropriately when you miss a set.
On its own the app is all you need. However, I purchased the in app upgrade to access the warmup sets and plate math. A small price to pay for so much convenience.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Aug 12, 2015
- Version: 2.6.7
- Size: 18.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Stronglifts Limited
- © 2007-2015 StrongLifts.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.
Top In-App Purchases
- StrongLifts Power Pack$9.99
- StrongLifts Warmup Sets$1.99
- StrongLifts Arm Work Assistance$1.99
- StrongLifts Plate Calculator$1.99
- StrongLifts Switch 3x5$1.99
- StrongLifts Power Pack$9.99
- StrongLifts Pro Backup$1.99
- StrongLifts Switch 3x3$1.99
- StrongLifts Switch 1x3$1.99