James Strong, former professor of exegetical theology at Drew Theological Seminary, spent more than thirty-five years preparing his landmark concordance. First published in 1890 with the help of more than one hundred colleagues, Strong's remains the most widely used concordance and dictionary of Bible words. This updated edition of Strong's Exhaustive Concordance takes James Strong's monumental work and updates it to be even more useful to the modern reader. It maintains all of the features that have made Strong's indispensable for over 100 years: - Allows the reader to easily find all biblical occurrences of a word in the New American Standard Bible - Points the reader to the underlying Hebrew and Greek words - Uses the Strong's numbering system which is used in many of the new study tools of today.
This updated edition of Strong's Exhaustive Concordance takes James Strong's monumental work and updates it to be even more useful to the modern reader. It maintains all of the features that have made Strong's indispensable for over 100 years:
- Allows the reader to easily find all biblical occurrences of a word in the New American Standard Bible
- Points the reader to the underlying Hebrew and Greek words
- Uses the Strong's numbering system which is used in many of the new study tools of today
And adds new features that make it even more useful:
- Corrected, updated, and expanded using the latest computing search tools
- Extra-clear font and page design make this edition readable and easy to navigate
- Updated and improved Hebrew and Greek dictionaries tie each word to the Greek or Hebrew root
- Discover the Hebrew and Greek words underlying the NASB English using the Strong's numbering system
- Use the updated Hebrew and Greek dictionaries to find brief definitions of each word of the original languages
Go beyond mere searches for lost verses and hone your skills by utilizing this tool's more advanced features.
Find every occurrence of any word in the New American Standard Bible. Only the words not likely to be used in locating a passage have been eliminated (words such as should, those, and when) or condensed to include only the important occurrences (words such as bring, day, and might).
Students of the Bible utilize the wealth of resources offered in Strong's ranging from doing word and thematic studies to probing the deeper meanings embedded in the original languages of the Bible.
- Library view now closes when translation selected
- Updates for Tecarta Bible Premium service
- And some other minor changes and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This is 4 huge books that would’ve been hundreds of dollars in a $7 app. Amazing resource for studying and meditating on God’s truth. Would recommend to any Christian who wants to grow in their faith and knowledge of the Bible, as we are called to do. This app allows you to dissect almost every word with references to where each word appears elsewhere—all in one click! Another nice addition is the ability to highlight and take notes on individual words, which not all other bible apps offer.
Worst Bible app I have
I was very disappointed after downloading this comes with nothing other than highlighter. This was very disappointing because I paid seven dollars for this app I got ripped off. My other Bible apps are free in common with a bunch of add-ons yes son you have to pay for but even the free version comes with commentaries word search Greek Hebrew translation this comes with none of that you have to buy it all and they are not cheap. I am OK with someone wanting to make money but this is a total rip off I am very disappointed in this app. I wish I could get my money back and put it towards my other apps to expand them.
Extremely difficult to use
Somehow during my first use when holding down a word, Strong’s concordance no longer displayed after working for 4 words. I am still given 2 choices such as definition and where else it appears in Bible but no concordance. No matter what icon I touch I can’t get it back. The icon home only gives daily verses.
- Tecarta, Inc.
- 125 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Tecarta, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary $0.99
- Strong's with KJV $1.99
- New International Version $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.