By Orion Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Strong's Concordance, is a concordance of the King James Bible (KJV) that was constructed under the direction of Dr. James Strong (1822–1894) and first published in 1890.
A concordance lets the reader directly compare how the same word may be used else where in the Bible. In this way the Strong's Concordance provides an independent check against translations, and offers an opportunity for greater, and more technically accurate understanding of the Bible text.
Want to see it in action before you buy? Try Strong's Concordance Lite which provides a 100% functional demo of Matthew and Genesis.
This program does not require internet access, everything you need is all stored on the iDevice.
* Search for English words, and lookup Greek/Hebrew dictionaries.
* Proper concordance, listing how the word was translated in other bible verses.
* Full King James Text is included
* Click on any blue word for concordance text.
* Night mode for those that like to read at night (White on black)
* iPad support
Please note: This version is not an "exhaustive" concordance, and does skip smaller words such as "and, or, the, a" as well as some other words. Though we think you'll find it has most (if not all) the words you'll ever need.
We're open to suggestions for improvement in future versions. Send comments and suggestions to strongs at orionsys.org.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
- Added the ability to select between multiple Strong's numbers, where there is more than one for a given English word
- Fixed a bug that frequently showed G3588 over other strongs numbers
- Other minor bug fixes
Sorry for not replying to all your emails. We've been swamped here with emails about the new version. We're hoping things will return to normal after this release. If you haven't received a response to your query, (and it's not fixed in this release) please resend your support request. Thank you for your patience!
New database still unusable.
Latest update works ONLY IF the "classic" database is used, i.e. it's like the pre-version 3.0 version.
New database is still useless:
1. Tapping a word STILL returns the wrong Greek in many cases. Tap on "nations" in Matt 28:19 and the wrong Greek word comes up. This happens for *many* words.
2. VERY sluggish performance. Screen says "Loading..." at the bottom for a long time, while the whole app is frozen. This happens every time a word is selected.
3. Individual words are no longer selectable in many cases; tapping a word selects a whole phrase.
When pay for something and it works, good thing. When an update is suppose to make it better, and it's not, bad thing.
If you don't know what you're doing leave it alone especially when I paid for it.
It now grabs more than the word that I choose to give me the meaning of one by choosing three words.
I'm forced to use pocket sword.
Get it together. Please!
Works fine ...don't mind bad reviews.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jan 30, 2014
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 29.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Glen Ramsay
- © Orion Systems 2010-2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Red Letter Edition$0.99