Stuck On Earth - Free World Travel Guide
By Stuck In Customs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A new kind of travel app that brings you the best places in the world to photograph, visit, and experience. It's the ultimate app for explorers, photographers, and daydreamers. Especially daydreamers. :)
"Gorgeous" - GigaOm
"It’s the ultimate scouting tool that every photographer will want to have with them everywhere they go." - Thomas Hawk
"This is a beautiful, well-crafted iPad app that isn’t like anything else I’ve seen on the iPad yet. It’s for people who want to explore the earth, or who want to photograph it." - Robert Scoble
Video preview at: http://www.StuckOnEarthApp.com
- The most efficient tool for finding millions of places to visit. Sorted by Most Awesome!
- A smart algorithm chooses the best locations and photos based on a combination of crowdsourcing, algorithm, and curation.
- A wonderful map interface that allows you to zoom into any level in any country to find the best places to visit.
- A "Download All" button that lets you vacuum up all the locations on a map into a trip for offline viewing.
- Create trips for the future: "Florida in 2013" or "Wine escapade in France, le sigh!"
- No ideas for future trips or places to photograph? Try our countless Top 50 Lists to get inspired!
- I KNOW when you are in the middle of a trip, you rarely have internet, so all your personalized trips and maps are avail offline.
- A customized experience based on your personality type - Photographer, Explorer, or Daydreamer.
- Professional voice actress, Karen Hutton, serves as your personal travel guide.
- Photographers help you find the best spots, like "Thomas Hawk's Top 50 Secret Spots in San Francisco"
- Create your OWN top 50 lists and submit them to the editor to be featured on the main map.
---> To do that, just create a trip, choose the trip from the home screen, then click "Submit" in the lower left.
About the App and Me:
Hello, I'm Trey. I'm the guy that made this app.
I believe that one of the great purposes of life is to have as many awesome experiences as possible. To fill your life with stories -- this is a wonderful goal. To this end, I created this app very much for myself. I am a travel photographer, and I run a travel photography blog at StuckInCustoms.com . I've accidentally become an expert on travel photography over the past seven years, so I wanted to create an app that I honestly use ALL THE TIME to plan out my trips.
There is a big problem that this app solves for me, personally. I have limited time, and I want the best information about where to visit and what I will see, generally, when I get there. When most people look at travel guides, they simply look for the pretty pictures and think, "I want to go THERE." This takes that experience to the next order of magnitude, and makes it all extremely practical with Trip-Planning.
Even if you don't travel, you still want to find interesting places to see and experience within a short drive of your home. Or maybe there are hidden gems right in your very town that you've never discovered. Because our algorithm is a cool mix of crowdsourcing plus human-curated lists, you'll see some really good results.
All in One:
So, this is it, Stuck on Earth. You don't need to use multiple apps, webpages, and other resources to plan your trip. All the countries, cities, and rural areas of the world are in here (well, except North Korea) -- all in one place. Add photos to your trip, and they'll be available offline. Everything you need is right here in this app. Thanks, and enjoy!
What's New in Version 3.2.2
Fixed issues with new Flickr API
Great idea, poorly executed
Would be a very helpful app if it worked correctly: cannot create trips from manage trips section; when creating new trips from the add photo to trip section, the photo gets added supposedly, but when adding next photo the created trip is nowhere to be found. The location button also isn't clickable so you can't quickly find yourself on map. Also I don't understand why the app is limited to widescreen only and why photo pins disappear and reappear without rhyme or reason by a tiny adjustment of map view. Knowing where the photo is sourced would be helpful too as it seems they are taken from something like flickr, etc.?
If only it worked correctly...
The "follow" function never works for me. Every time I log back in the people I've chosen to follow are cleared out and I'm left following the same random person that I've "unfollowed" repeatedly. One of the complaints I'd heard from fellow photographers about this app was having to wade through the countless pics of people's backyard barbecues, selfies, and food snapshots; the follow function would help alleviate that problem if it actually worked. Great concept, beautiful interface, lousy execution.
Does anyone approve of the images uploaded to the app?
There must be poor oversight or complete lack of overview of the images displayed on the app. I was about to share some images to my 6 year old grandchild when an image uploaded by user sborolino74 was displayed in the screen. An image of male anatomy. How can people be so sick and disgusting? If exposing themselves gives them a thrill I'm sure they can find the right venue to do it, not in an app rated to be used by those ages +4 and over
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 04, 2014
- Version: 3.2.2
- Size: 222 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SIC Media
- © Stuck In Customs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.