Studies is the app to help you master your studies — whatever they may be — on macOS and iOS.
Some things in life just have to be memorized. Facts, formulas, words, pictures, dates, procedures, even names and faces. Everything you do includes information that needs to reside in your head. Studies can help with that.
Studies is a study card app for the serious student. It's a tool to expand your knowledge, and it doesn't matter what it is you want to learn — medicine, law, language, history, piloting, fine art, music, martial arts — from simple day-to-day tidbits, to knowledge of life changing importance. Studies is an app to help you achieve your learning goals.
There are Studies apps for Mac, iPhone, and iPad, and they sync up beautifully via iCloud. Start studying in class with Studies for Mac, continue on the bus ride home with Studies for iPhone, and finish off on the sofa with Studies for iPad.
(Note: Studies was formerly called Mental Case.)
Watch video: https://youtu.be/awHKJfYe3Hw
EVERYONE'S A STUDENT
Everyone's a student.
A student of Spanish.
A student of Physics.
A student of Medicine, Law.
A student of Art. A student of Nature...of People and Places.
A student of Comedy, of Theatre.
A student of Flight.
A student of Love.
A student of Life.
Everyone's a student.
– Apps for iPhone, iPad, and Mac
– Rich media study notes (flashcards), with formatted text, images, audio and video
– Study notes with as many sides as you wish
– Immersive study sessions
– Sync all or part of your library via iCloud
– Study scheduling for long-term learning or exam cram (Spaced-Repetition and Leitner systems)
– Multiple choice quizzes
– Search and download from Quizlet.com
– Export to share your notes
– Import from text, Excel, and Anki files
– Migrate data from Mental Case app
STUDIES FOR iOS
Download (free) via the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
We love to get feedback about Studies, and answer any questions you may have.
Please send email to email@example.com, or visit mentalfaculty.tenderapp.com
- The source list sidebar now stays open after a study session. It was closing.
- A arrow button now appears when the source list sidebar is closed, to make opening easier.
- The Smart Stack configuration sheet now adapts properly to dark mode.
- The main notes grid now updates properly when switching to dark mode.
Please update Studies on all Macs and iOS devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Poor performance with large decks
I loved this app until I hit about 500 cards. To be fair, about a third of my cards contain a picture. At this point, however, adding a card started taking 10-20 seconds, which didn’t fit my work flow. The switch to Anki wasn’t easy but was worth it. Anki, unlike Studies, handles large decks without blinking. I’m now up to 20k cards, also many with pictures, and there is absolutely no delay in performance. I also like the ability Anki has to grade a card as hard/moderate/easy and it’s database-like features which automate making similar cards.
Overall, Studies served me well when I only had a bit to learn, but once I started to depend on it to hold more info, it let me down.
500 cards is very few. We have customers with 20000 or more. If the app is feeling slow at this number, there is probably something going wrong somewhere. Adding a new card should take no more than half a second or so, no matter how many notes you have. You should contact our support to investigate (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I'm a bit suspicious of your motives with this review. Sounds like you stopped using Studies long ago, if you even used it, and are now simply advertising Anki.
I know flashcard apps, this is the one.
This app is worth $30 for the following reasons, 1. iCloud sync, 2. iTunes style library (folders, smart playlists, tagging), 3. key commands
- after 5 consecutive correct guesses, the card is removed from the deck. Similar to a 5-star rating system.
- change the flashcard “tag" form area from line to paragraph (multiple tags are cut off after 3-5 tags)
Extremely slow and keeps crashing.
This is the worst app to study with. It keeps freezing, keeps crashing, and takes forever to create/study notes. extremely decreases productivity. Mental case worked 100x better. Every since then, I have had trouble with this app.
Please contact our support to investigate any issues you are having. (email@example.com)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.