This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
studiomux streams Audio, Midi and OSC via the simple USB cable and completely integrates iOS into your music production environment.
Use your music apps just like you would use any other plug-ins. Use Midi controllers connected to your Mac or PC to control apps running on iOS. Or send OSC messages to compatible software. All via the standard USB cable, reliably at a low latency. Sync your musical Apps on multiple iOS devices with the gorgeous new sync tool Ableton Link.
- stream audio from your iDevices to your Mac or Windows PC.
- VST & AU support make it extremely easy to integrate iOS apps directly into your DAW.
- stream from/to and between multiple devices at once, while using up to 8 seperate stereo channels per device.
- IAA, AU v3 & Audiobus integration ensures immediate compatibility with countless iOS music Apps.
- IAA & AU v3 & AB Mixer with controls for Volume, Mute & Monitor.
- Send channels to easily route apps & effects.
- Apps that allow IAA Midi Note-input can be used without any other Midi-setup - exactly like any other instrument VST.
- sync IAA Apps via Ableton link, internal or external clock
- control iOS apps with hardware controllers that are connected to your Mac/Pc.
- sequence and play iOS apps using a DAW running on your Mac/Pc.
- control Mac applications or hardware connected to it, using Lemur, TouchOSC or any other app that uses MIDI.
- use iOS apps to play and sequence hardware instruments that are connected to your Mac/Pc.
- create virtual MIDI ports on the iPad/iPhone that can be mirrored to the Mac/Pc or other iDevices.
- connect several iOS devices to the Mac/Pc - and send MIDI data between them.
- control OSC capable Software on Mac/Pc with one of many available OSC apps.
- send OSC data between iDevices and Mac/Pc
- forward as many ports as you need, and treat iOS apps as if they would run directly on the same system.
iOS 8 and up
OSX 10.8 and up
Windows 7 (requires iTunes) and up
studiomux needs a small helper app installed on the Mac or PC - please download it from our webpage:
please have a look at our integration guide
visit us on facebook
What's New in Version 3.1.0
- user can select if they want to reload apps
- multiple iOS devices connected to the same UDP Port (OSC, Lemur, touch OSC) (currently unidirectional only; iOS -> Desktop)
- new Server (->download from www.studiomux.net)
- new VSTs for Windows
- fixed loudness level on iPhones
- fixed mute/monitor state saving
- sensual sax works now without crashing studiomux
- further fixes and enhancements
- audioports are visible in Audiobus3 now
The good and the bad
Using with Studio One... Audio works great, at least from iOS to PC... haven't tried the other way yet. Midi is an absolute nightmare... the documentation is awful. They really don't explain it at all. I've kind of gotten it to work, but every time I get one aspect figured out, another stops working. Get studio one receiving midi notes from an iOS sequencer? Check... except now there's no midi sync for some reason. These guys make really ambitious apps, which would be some of the best on iOS if they worked right. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but since they provide horrible documentation, I'm forced to play it by ear.
Tldr; audio was surprisingly easy to set up and works great. If you want to get midi between iPad and PC, there's probably a much better way to do it than this.
To the reviewer who stated he kept getting audio bus software not installed: you need to click on the add plug-in button at the top of the screen. I had the same issue until I figured it out.
I am going to rate this app four stars even though it keeps crashing on me. I have two synth apps installed on my iPad. Ripplemaker and Animoog. Ripplemaker is way more stable than Animoog which crashes the Studiomux app very often.
Studiomux is the app that I've been waiting for. It's awesome to be able to interface your iPad with your DAW with no additional hardware needed. I think that once they get all the bugs ironed out, this is going to be a great piece of software. I'm looking forward to future updates.
Success with Reason 9.5
Now that Reason has VST I gave this a try and it worked well after a little practice. Sync tests worked, and Reason can capture this audio in real time if you tap the REC SOURCE button on the mixer channel. Then create a new audio track and use the pull down menu to choose Studiomux as the input.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 04, 2017
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Christian Blomert
- © 2015 Christian Blomert
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.