Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
studiomux streams Audio, Midi and OSC via the simple USB cable and completely integrates iOS into your music production environment.
Use your music apps just like you would use any other plug-ins. Use Midi controllers connected to your Mac or PC to control apps running on iOS. Or send OSC messages to compatible software. All via the standard USB cable, reliably at a low latency. Sync your musical Apps on multiple iOS devices with the gorgeous new sync tool Ableton Link.
- stream audio from your iDevices to your Mac or Windows PC.
- VST & AU support make it extremely easy to integrate iOS apps directly into your DAW.
- stream from/to and between multiple devices at once, while using up to 8 seperate stereo channels per device.
- IAA & AU v3 & Audiobus integration ensures immediate compatibility with countless iOS music Apps.
- IAA & AU v3 & AB Mixer with controls for Volume, Mute & Monitor.
- Send channels to easily route apps & effects.
- Apps that allow IAA Midi Note-input can be used without any other Midi-setup - exactly like any other instrument VST.
- sync IAA Apps via Ableton link, internal or external clock
- control iOS apps with hardware controllers that are connected to your Mac/Pc.
- sequence and play iOS apps using a DAW running on your Mac/Pc.
- control Mac applications or hardware connected to it, using Lemur, TouchOSC or any other app that uses MIDI.
- use iOS apps to play and sequence hardware instruments that are connected to your Mac/Pc.
- create virtual MIDI ports on the iPad/iPhone that can be mirrored to the Mac/Pc or other iDevices.
- connect several iOS devices to the Mac/Pc - and send MIDI data between them.
- control OSC capable Software on Mac/Pc with one of many available OSC apps.
- send OSC data between iDevices and Mac/Pc
- forward as many ports as you need, and treat iOS apps as if they would run directly on the same system.
iOS 8 and up
OSX 10.8 and up
Windows 7 (requires iTunes) and up
studiomux needs a small helper app installed on the Mac or PC - please download it from our webpage:
please have a look at our integration guide
visit us on facebook
What's New in Version 3.0.0
Welcome to studiomux V3:
- studiomux supports AU v3 now!
- add unlimited effects to each track
- global scaled keyboard for iOS Apps
- automated state saving
- new plugin browser
- several enhancements and bugfixes
If you like studiomux, please rate the app in the AppStore!
Have fun with the new version.
Ambitious & Impressive
I'm not sure how some of these developers perform the wizardry they do with iOS apps like this, but I just got done playing around with studiomux on Ableton for a few hours and I'm thoroughly impressed and grateful for all that hard work that must have gone into creating something like this. I briefly tested it out with Logic after purchasing a few months ago , and they've already made so many improvements since then. Connecting via USB seems to improve the audio quality, and I experienced very low latency performance with my thunderbolt interface. There were a few occasional cut-outs and clicks on Launchpad, but nothing too severe. This thing is trying to play well with so many different setups and configurations that there's naturally going to be some bugs and kinks to work through. I also tested it with iMaschine2 and Moog's Model 15 synth and both worked well. I'll definitely be using this tool more in the future. Great work and thanks again!
Worth every penny
Once I got this working, it has been awesome. My budget is small for recording equipment and this software maximized every dollar of mine.
I now have IOS Cyclop synth and Bias guitar effects working as plugins on my desktop DAW for a tenth of the price of what they cost for OSX versions. What a gift.
If you're hesitating, just pull the trigger and buy it.
Terrible, clunky with no informational support
I've gotten this app to work ONCE for me. The "manual" they supply is horrible and it's completely devoid of any information about the basic midi out port functions. All I needed was a slick app that gave my Pro Tools rig a few pads and keyboard keys. Do Not Buy. They don't support an industry standard.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 19, 2016
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 11.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Christian Blomert
- © 2015 Christian Blomert
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.