Stupid Game Free
By Macarne Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FACT: Your brain starts to shrink if you don't use it enough... What better way to prevent it from shrinking than to play Stupid Game?!
Stupid Game is a brand new game from Mu.ly Inc. and it is an innovative way to test your brainpower and keep it active as well as the brains of your friends and family! It comprises of many different games which test your reaction, knowledge and reflexes as well as a lot more!
Do you think you are clever enough to complete the game?!
The game was built and designed with the help of a professional psychologist, who has helped to design the games and puzzles which will test your brain to the max, and of course keep it from shrinking! Of course that isn't the only reason to play, the game is all about having fun and we're sure you will love trying to beat it!
- 2 game modes: Stupid Gamer and Less Stupid Gamer
- 30 different games and puzzles with varying difficulties
- Hours of fun for you and the family!
The controls are designed to be easy, all you really need is your finger! Oh and your brain of course!! ;)
This amazing new game is available for iOS and Mac, and is available on their respective App Stores.
Stupid Game is available for both iPhone and iPad.
Find out how stupid you really are with Stupid Game and challenge your friends and family to get further than you! What are you waiting for, time to put that brain of yours to the test!
For updates follow us on Twitter via @macarne
What's New in Version 4.6
- Fixing some bugs
- Adding cool new features
- A lot of more fun ;)
Quirky and fun, yet frustrating and flawed
Well, at one level, this IS a stupid game! At another, it's brilliant.
Some of the puzzles are challenging; others routine. Many take the form of showing you the word "red" colored in green and the word "green" colored red and asking you to tap on the green word. (This is my example, not one of theirs, but it's of their ilk.). That's challenging, and even once you figure out the principle behind the tricks, it can still be engaging. There are other clever puzzles-- one that reminds me of the blue jay's much vaunted ability to count how many people are still behind a tree.
The app has the potential to be of great medical, developmental, and gerontological use. It could be used to gauge cognitive processing, strengths, and deficiencies.
However, there are a several big problems.
1. Like so many games involving levels, once you've bombed, you're back at the start. Very frustrating--and leads to wanting to just delete the app.
2. If you quit the game, you have to start over from the very first level. That's a complete drag. There should be a way of choosing your own level.
3. If you pause the game, the app freezes! You have to force quit it!
Making that worse... once that happens, you have to start all over again--at level one. That undermines the appeal of the app greatly.
4. The app's puzzles are generally clever, but highly repetitive. Part of this is because of having to wade through the same levels, but part of this is the use of the same puzzle, sometimes not even in a different form, at higher levels--e.g., playing rock, paper, scissors gets old quickly and involves nothing particularly clever.
5. There needs to be a way of letting the user select any level or puzzle--or, choose to repeat a puzzle.
6. It'd be cool if there were a record mode, so that the player could replay what they did to see what went wrong.
7. In many cases, when you get a puzzle wrong, you're given another chance at it, and keeping things interesting, that sometimes comes in a slightly different form. However, often the big X fills the screen and you're moved on--or all the way back and you have no time to even process what went wrong.
Now, it is true that having to go through puzzles again boost's one confidence--and keeps the brain more agile--but, in some cases, things move so quickly that you just pick the right answer even though you really don't know why it is right!
In any event, if it were less repetitious and you could repeat any puzzle, choose the level and puzzle you wanted to try, really pause the app, and return to where you left off after a re-launch, it'd be a clear 5 stars. For now, though, the flaws and frustrations outweigh the fun.
Bottom line: quirky, but flawed. 3 stars.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 06, 2014
- Version: 4.6
- Size: 31.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Macarne Limited
- © 2010-2014 Macarne Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Lives$4.99
- 7 Extra Lives$1.99
- 3 Extra Lives$0.99
- Delete iAds$0.99