With over 100 million appointments booked, StyleSeat offers powerful business tools for beauty and barber professionals and it gives clients an easy way to discover and book services like haircuts and makeup online.
Professionals can organize and manage their business with robust features that allow them to:
- Accept credit card payments
- Get bookings directly through Instagram
- Share photos of their best blowouts, braids, makeup, nails and haircuts
- Manage their calendar, availability, and personal time
- Require credit cards during booking to protect their business and collect payments when clients no-show or cancel late
- Send automatic appointment reminders so clients show up to the salon on time
- Boost business and get more bookings with email marketing and promotions
- Keep track of important client notes and booking history
- Block clients that are bad for business
- Attract new clients to their salon by highlighting their best reviews
Clients can easily discover and book beauty & barber appointments online. Weather they’re looking for pedicures, lash extensions, weaves, or new hairstyles, StyleSeat offers a convenient way to browse photos and reviews, get important pricing information, and book appointments at time that works for them straight from their professional's calendar.
- Browse photos of hairstyles and color and find a salon that’s right for you.
- Never miss a massage with helpful appointment reminders.
- Book recurring appointments with your barber so your haircuts are always on schedule.
- Realize you need to get your nails or makeup done for a wedding but it’s too late to call your pro? Hop on StyleSeat, find their next opening, and book a manicure.
- Tired of the same hairstyles and nails? Browse the directory and find a stylist that’s a better match.
WHY STYLESEAT IS A MUST FOR INDEPENDENT PROFESSIONALS:
On average, stylists waste more than ten hours a week on various tasks. Imagine how many appointments you could fill with those extra ten hours! StyleSeat does the busy work for you so you can focus on delivering great services and getting paid.
- Your service menu is online. Clients can look through your services, read the descriptions, and get pricing information so you can stop wasting time answering inquiries.
- Clients book themselves. You won’t have to schedule a single appointment — no phone calls, texts, or DMs. Once you share your schedule online, clients can find a time that works for them, put a credit card on file, and book an appointment. You get a notification once the appointment is booked and all you have to do is show up and work your magic.
- You get bookings 24/7 Allowing clients to book and reschedule 24/7 means you never miss out on the opportunity for a booking — no more phone tag, no more full inboxes.
- You can easily accept credit cards. Clients put a credit card on file so check out is quick and painless. All they have to do is tip and sign.
- You get detailed reports. See a breakdown of your daily/monthly/yearly sales, deposits, and transactions — no need to manually keep track.
- You can build client relationships and encourage more bookings. Send custom email marketing campaigns, run promotions, and customize each appointment with detailed client notes and booking history.
- You get paid when clients don’t show up. The average stylist faces 1-2 no-shows a week. For some, that can add up to nearly $5,000 a year. Set up a no-show late cancellation policy and clients will be required to enter a credit card when they book. You choose how strict your policy is and when clients don’t show up, you get paid for your time.
- You can block clients. With the client notes tool, you can track how often clients no-show or show up late. If a client is chronically late, you can block them from booking with you.
Ratings and Reviews
I was using them for about 1 1/2 years when it went from free to $45 but I stayed because it was just easier and it was working. Recently I have been locked out of my account for 1 1/2 days due to them being on the west coast and me the east. I originally sent my email the one way to get in touch with them and no response that day except an automated one telling me their hours. I continued to email them because I am a barber and COULD NOT make appointments for my clients People would ask if they could come in and I had to tell them I wasn’t sure if I had another appointment coming in because I had NO way of checking. Which a couple of times had double booked myself and had to give two free cuts for my clients inconvience of having to wait thru another appointment. The next day after more emails to them I got in touch with Bryan and according to him reset my email and password and I was able to get in. Since then styleseat locks up on my iPad AND iPhone after using it once or twice. To my surprise after sending another email to Bryan he said the problem isn’t on their side. Well that was it for me I’m moving on and for the rest of today I have to keeping uninstalling and reinstalling so I can make appointments So horribly annoyed with them and their service. Shame on you style seat
Developer Response ,
This sounds incedibly frustrating. We hate to slow down business and we want to make this right as soon as possible. First, the subscription price is only $35 so let's make sure you are being charged the correct amount. Second, we'll need some details from you so we can see what your login issue is. We'll check in with our support team to get your name.
Saved my Sanity
Styleseat saved the day. My app was not functioning properly while I was overseas, and I went through a 2 week period of frantic emails with them, upset and desperate to figure it out. During this stressful period, Styleseat put my case back in the hands of a Customer Service Rep that I was familiar with, a person who I'd been working with since I started my account with them, and just this small thing was extremely reassuring. In the end, turns out the app was only not functioning due to my being overseas, as soon as I returned to the Bay Area everything was normal again, so I owe Styleseat a HUGE apology for freaking out prematurely and threatening to leave them! Through this ordeal that was no fault of theirs, I was extremely impressed by how patiently, kindly and promptly they handled the situation, along with constantly trying to improve the app. They turned what could have been a horrific experience into a Golden experience for their client, and now I will never even think of leaving them again! Thanks a million Styleseat! I was not wrong to choose you!!!!
Developer Response ,
Hello, we're so sorry to hear this, and we understand how frustrating this must be. Our team is doing everything in their power to fix this issue for you as soon as possible. It looks like you are now in contact with a support agent who is guiding you through the next steps.
I’ve been a long time user of this site. But it DOES NOT protect its merchants! It’s common practice in the beauty industry to have a late cancel no show policy in place. They don’t follow through with ensuring it’s properly enforced. Even with the updates not allowing clients to use prepaid cards you still wind up getting screwed if your actually able to collect a payment all the client has to do is dispute with the bank. It’s insane because there is an agreement between client and merchant that has to be checked off before an appointment is confirmed. Shouldn’t that be binding? After paying a hefty monthly fee for a service the last thing I want to be doing is fighting a dispute through a third party company who does nothing to protect you. We have no direct contact with the bank so we aren’t actually sure what information is being sent. It’s also pretty frustrating not being able to collect a deposit for services through the site. I’ve had to begin using an outside payment system to ensure payment is received for services as I can’t rely on StyleSeat. This service is supposed to act as an assistant. It’s supposed to provide convenience the payment system is everything BUT that.
Developer Response ,
We completely understand your frustrations and we hate to see clients take advantage of business owners like this. Unfortunately, chargebacks can happen no matter what payments platform you’re using. We do our best to help professionals protect themselves from disputes, but ultimately it is in the hands of their client’s bank. If you contact our support team directly, we would be happy to share some tips to prevent chargebacks from happening in the future.
- StyleSeat, Inc.
- 44.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 StyleSeat
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.