SubnetInsight - Scan & manage your Wi-fi networks
By Aribada Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your iPhone/iPod/iPad is connecting to various Wi-Fi Networks at your office, home and public spaces. In their networks, there are many devices such as computers, mobile devices, servers, printers and VoIP phones.
"SubnetInsight" is an application which scans devices connected to current Wi-Fi network automatically, collects very various information, and support to manage these information systematically for each Wi-Fi network profiles in real-time.
"SubnetInsight" provides very powerful feature like:
- Auto-scan: Starting to scan automatically when it gets connected to Wi-Fi networks without any user configuration
- Networks management: Supporting the information for each Wi-Fi network.
- Network information: Managing public IP address and its history, and geological locations.
- Powerful host scan: Finding out all of the hosts in the subnet including hidden host.
- Hosts management: You can easily see the status of hosts in the subnet such as online/offline and IP allocation.
- Name resolving: Resolving host name via NIC Vendor, NetBIOS, Bonjour, MDNS, UPNP and etc.
- Port scanning: Scanning well-known ports of hosts.
- Host fingerprinting: Deciding the host type between Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OSX, mobile device, network printer and VoIP phone.
- Info exporting: Support to export the results via mail in app
- Real-time updated UI: UI is automatically updated when information are changed.
- Supporting iOS4.0 multitasking
As above, "SubnetInsight" provides various and very powerful features. But because all processes are automated, you can use this app very simply without any complex configuration.
* Due to iOS 7 privacy restriction, the MAC address of iOS device you’re running is consealed as “20:00:00:00:00:00”.
* the OS guess (host icon) can be inaccurate due to limitation.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
- iOS 7 UI
- oui db update
Works exactly as expected
Scans your network for connected devices and the available services for each. Maintains history for multiple networks and clients. Provides information quickly and without the need for user input.
Located most of the devices on my Home Network!
Located most of the devices on my Home Network, and provided great level of detail for iPhones, iPads and Routers (Express, Extreme, TimeCapsule), but missed 2 D-Link repeaters I had just installed on an Apple-based WiFi Network.
Handy to see what is on your network.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 27, 2014
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Korean
- Seller: Aribada, Inc.
- © 2014 Aribada Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.