Subs Factory makes subtitling easier ! It is a powerful utility designed to perform the creation, modification and resynchronization of subtitles efficiently. Featuring advanced functions, it allows you to do whatever you want with your subtitles.
It mainly works with .srt files, but also allows to open some .sub files.
- Creation, deletion and modification of subtitles (text, duration, position,...).
- Very simple resynchronization by choosing two reference subtitles.
- Advanced search and replace function.
- Splitting and concatenation of subtitle files.
- On-the-fly subtitling-standards compliance checking (with modifiable settings).
- File encodings are handled.
- .sub files can be opened (subtitles indexed by image number).
- Transforming text files into subtitles.
- An user's manual is included.
- A bug preventing use of "Editor" palette with systems older than macOS 10.14 (Mojave) has been fixed.
- Implementing Internet Access Policy for Little Snitch.
- Some crashes fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
A Great Improvement
I've used the pre-App Store version now and then, and felt that it struck the right balance of powerful features and ease of use compared to other products. I was happy to support the developer when this app arrived on the App Store, but I didn't realize how many improvements had gone into the 2.0 release. The single window is more manageable than the multiple windows and pallets of previous releases and it's still customizable by showing just the parts that you need. The improved visual feedback on the timeline is great and the navigation controls are better than ever. I've been able to figure most things out without going to the documentation, but it's there if I need it and clearly walks you through many common uses. I suggested a minor feature addition to the developer and he added it into the next release.
A pretty good subtitle editor and synchronizer with a relatively easy to understand interface. Easily worth $8. It's missing a few features that would be helpful, but the developer appears to be open to suggestions for improvement, which is always a good sign.
The program seems to work best with mp4 (or m4v) files, so I've found it easiest to convert movies to mp4 before feeding them to Subs Factory.
I am on my fist film, and after looking at many programs to create subtitles, i found this one and it is just great.
I would like a new option in upcoming updates , that when i close the project it will ask me if i like to save it…..
so that i don't have to scream so much for lost changes.. :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.