SubstituteAlert for Frontline Absence Management, SmartFind, and SmartFindExpress
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instant job alerts, job booking, & calendar syncing for Frontline Absence Management (formerly known as Aesop®), SmartFind®, and SmartFindExpress®! Features include:
• Receive job alerts by app notification, text message, phone call, desktop alert, and/or email the minute a job becomes available!
• Book jobs with a click! (right from your lock screen if you like!)
• View your Available Jobs, Scheduled Jobs, Job Details, & Teacher Notes with a click
• Auto-Sync your Scheduled Jobs to your device's Calendar app
• Set filters so that you are only alerted about jobs you want
• GPS directions to job locations (Frontline Absence Management only)
• Reject jobs you don't want (Frontline Absence Management only)
• If you work for multiple districts, view all your Frontline Absence Management, SmartFind®, and/or SmartFindExpress® accounts in one place. Jobs that conflict with your schedule at ANY of your districts are clearly marked, so you never have to worry about over-booking
• SubstituteAlert is approved by Frontline Education™ for use with their Absence Management feature.
(Frontline Education™ and Frontline Absence & Time™ are trademarks of Frontline Technologies Group, LLC. SmartFind® and SmartFindExpress® are registered trademarks of PeopleAdmin, Inc. SubstituteAlert is not affiliated with either company, and is not endorsed in any way by PeopleAdmin, Inc.)
What's New in Version 3.1.1
- Minor tweaks and improvements
Subbing like Crazy!!
I had asked a few friends how they were getting sub jobs and they told me about another app. After reading the Jobulators reviews I decided to try this app since its was free for a trial period. I absolutely love it!!! A child could understand it..LOL! I have had really good luck with it. I have been subbing at kids school at least four times a week since school started. The app is really easy to use! I have it set to a certain ringtone so it texts me the job and then calls me right after the texts comes through. I love this because my kids are usually on my phone and when I hear that text and then immediately a phone call, I know it's a sub job. I have never missed one because of not hearing it. This was my first year subbing and this app has made it extremely convenient!! If your on the fence, just try it and if you don't like it than your not out anything.
Who needs Jobulator
This app outperforms Jobulator in every way. I never purchased it and felt it was a conflict of interest for Frontline to only allow their own product to be used. I used several others in the past that were free. Some ran so-so on my phone and ate the battery. Most recently when home I was using an add on to Mozilla Firefox browser call Check-4-change. It became unstable when Frontline updated the system about a month ago. C4C also required me to be in front of the computer but I could check the system every 5 seconds. I did get email alerts but sometimes they were minutes behind. I have been using the free trial of substitute alert and found it to be excellent. Their customer service got right back to me when I had a question. I am subscribing month to month to the end of the school year and will resume in the fall. Glad someone has beaten Frontline at their monopoly.
Update: I am no longer on the free trial but I am a subscriber now because the app is that great. I work Monday -Friday every single week solely off of this app! I never log into Aesop unless I want to cancel a job. Also, when I subscribed I stopped getting texts just app alerts so it's a mega win-win for me! Please get this app, you won't be disappointed! (No I am not paid to write a review.)
I am a recent college grad and very new to substitute teaching. This app has given me an edge over other subs in the area because I am instantly alerted when a job becomes available! Awesome. My only complaint is that I wish there was a way to turn off texts since I am getting notifications from the app directly. Also I wish the texts came from one number as opposed to a different number for each job. I look at my phone at times and I have 25 new texts and 25 notifications , but hey! I'm grateful. Also the auto-sync with iCal is great!
I'm using the trial now but I will definitely be subscribing!