By Crazi Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you want to improve your Sudoku skills, Sudoku 401 will help you learn and play.
Sudoku 401 is a Sudoku game, a generator, a solver, and a teacher/tutor.
First, it is a serious Sudoku game.
- Puzzle generator for unlimited play. You will never see the same game twice.
- Clean and simple game board, so you can focus on the playing instead of being distracted by colors and/or shapes.
- Ability to enter the game manually, copy from newspaper, books, or other software.
- Tap on a clue to highlight potential locations for the number. Tap again to go back to normal viewing.
- Automatic or manual pencilmarks, which can be switched during the game play with one tap.
- Automatically saves the game when you leave, ability to continue when you come back.
- Option to use either symmetrically or non-symmetrical Sudoku boards.
- Option to show error.
Even more, it teaches you the logic and techniques of Sudoku, with its multi-step teaching system. All of the techniques are human logic, not computer brutal force.
- Difficulty level is defined by the techniques used, not by number of clues.
- Beginner: Full House, Hidden Single and Naked Single.
- Moderate: Hidden and Naked Pair, Locked Candidates.
- Challenging: Hidden and Naked Triple and Quad, X-Wing.
- Difficult: Swordfish, Jellyfish, XY-Wing and Finned X-Wing.
- Expert: Squirmbag, Finned Swordfish and Jellyfish (that also includes Fishy Cycle, Sashimi Fish and Turbot Fish), XYZ-Wing and WXYZ-Wing.
- Extreme: ALS-XZ (Almost locked set) and Finned Squirmbag.
Check out our screenshots to see how the teaching works.
What's New in Version 3.0.8
Minor color changes.
Needs some work
The game would have 5 stars with a few changes. Please consider the option of having the control grid in one place, off to the right would be great. I find it distracting to have it change location and cover the puzzle. Also the option of backing up or undoing an entry would be useful. It is easy to make a silly mistake, but there is no undo.
I am having a problem with the Difficult level. All I get are finned x-wings or variations of finned x-wing, no swordfish no jellyfish, and no xy-wing. This is a problem, it is getting predictable, there is a fault in the coding please fix it. As noted above the control box is a pain, my iPad has enough room to have it off to the side. I am changing my rating to three stars. Please fix the problems, this could be a great program.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 18, 2016
- Version: 3.0.8
- Size: 6.9 MB
- Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: John Huang
- © River Past Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Level 8: Brain Freeze$4.99