By Phase2 Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free download offer of Sudoku Classic has ended. For an even better, free sudoku, check out Sudoku Daily, which will always be free!
Sudoku Classic is a slimmed-down version of Sudoku Unlimited, our flagship sudoku app. This version is perfect for anyone that likes the occasional game of sudoku on the bus, in the waiting room, or anytime they've got a spare few minutes to kill.
That having been said, Sudoku Classic is still chock full of features to make your sudoku life easier. It includes all of the following:
- 5 Difficulty settings, to accommodate players of every skill level.
- Offline play. No network connection needed, ever
- One-touch note filling.
- An intelligent hint system that shows you the next logical step.
-Automatically saves your progress when exiting the game or getting a phone call.
- Options to turn off sounds, animations, error display, in game timer and auto locking of the device.
- Option to switch the popup back and forth to a user-set level of transparency
- Draggable popup
- Scores sorted by best time instead of date
- Interface localization
- Ability to enlarge the popup, for easier number selection
- Updates will always be free!
What's New in Version 1.07
Fixed an issue with preventing the screen from locking.
Yup - the other reviewers were right: best Sudoku ever
I have been playing computer Sudoku games for two years. When I got my iPhone I need one because Sudoku is the best "waiting in line",etc., app to help me stay calm. I tried Sudoku Classic. It is great!
- simple to learn and use
- I can play it one handed
- I play it at the "I'm good" level. This is about 35 givens. Solvable but not obvious. This means that some "notes" are required
- the notes system is terrific! One extra touch and I am in notes. Then when I solve a square the notes are hidden. But if for some reason I need to erase the number for that square, the notes come right back!
- I set it so that mistakes show instantly. They display in red.
- any time I move away from the board, by going to another app or locking the display or by selecting Menu at the top, the clock stops
- when I come back and have a game in progress, Continue is enabled on the menu. If I forget and try to start a new game, it warns me and let's me cancel.
- on my iPad, I can set the display to 2x and it plays just like it was made for the iPad
- from Help I can send an email to the developers
I just love it.
Bought this game when the first iPhone was released. Still the only sudoku software with intelligent user interface. But it doesn't support the screen on my iPhone 5. also pressing down to add the number, little grid the Brady joint, the pop up is pixelated. Please up date
Too hard to erase mistakes
I downloaded this Soduko game and realized within two or three games that it was really difficult to erase a mistake. It also seemed awkward to enter just two or three numbers in a square and still see them. I'm still looking for a version of Sudoku that has the different levels of difficulty that make the game challenging, and is easy enough to manage on the iPhone.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 25, 2009
- Version: 1.07
- Size: 1.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Phase2 Media
- © 2008 Phase2 Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.