Sudoku Duo is a dual player Sudoku game for the iPad. Players may collaborate or compete.
Both players use the same iPad: they sit at opposite ends of the device.
Sudoku Duo provides an almost infinite number of Sudoku games at 3 levels of difficulty.
Playing Sudoku Duo is not just fun. It helps build your Sudoku solving skills.
Indeed Sudoku Duo can help you out with hints and provide the reasoning behind the hint.
Sudoku Duo adapts to the way you like to play:
- You may use green pencil notes to keep track of candidate values
- Or use red pencil notes to keep track of values you ruled out
- You may have Sudoku Duo help you with automatic pencil notes (*)
- Sudoku Duo can be set to block erroneous entries
(*) You are cheating only a little. The real thinking still needs to be done.
It is just more fun with automatic pencil notes. The boring bits are taken care of
- Millions of Sudoku boards with rotational symmetry
- Solvable by logic only. No guessing. No backtracking!
- Three levels of difficulty: easy, medium, hard
- Intelligent & educational hints. Explanations help improve your skills
- Green & red pencil notes. Aka. positive & negative markers
- Optional automatic pencil notes
- Optional blocking of erroneous entries
- Possibility to start over
- Games are suspended on quit and can be resumed later
- High scores
- Sudoku solving engine based on "human logic"
- Advanced Sudoku board generator to provide an unlimited number of Sudoku games
- Difficulty levels are determined by techniques to master, not by number of givens
- The Sudoku engine can explain the reasoning behind the hints given during game play
- Unique dual player mode: 2 players, 1 device, simultaneously
- Fixed a bug in the game timer
- Unified code base across Sudoku Uno for Mac, iPad and iPhone
Ratings and Reviews
Love the collaborative play
My son and I often play this in collaborative play mode. We love it! As we sit facing each other with the ipad between us, the game shows each of us our own view of the board complete with our own pencil markings. As one of completes a value, it immediately appears on the others view. Near the end it does get fun to race each other to see who can rack up the most points and be the one who hits the last square to complete the puzzle.
Simple, clean, easy to use interface. Perfectly sized squares and number pad even for my big fingers. Very nice game, especially for the price! Thanks!
Pencil Marks Are WAY TOO SMALL!
I purchased this for the collaborative play, but the pencil marks are so small that neither my hubby nor I can read them! Even with the single player, the pencil marks are too tiny. Granted my eyes aren't what they used to be, but this is the first sudoku app I have played on the ipad that I can not make out the pencil marks. I hope developers will correct this in a future update. It would also be nice to be able to enter your own sudoku puzzles (i.e. from newspapers, books, or magazines). The other sudoku apps which I paid $2.99 for allow the user to do this.
Weird winner selection
I was playing this with a friend today. Both of us had no mistakes, didn't take any hints, and he had more commits than me. But somehow, I ended up winning just because I completed the puzzle. That doesn't make any sense! And what is that 300,000 score? Please change the algorithm to calculate something like C-(H+2M) and then compare that to select the winner.
Otherwise, graphics are good and multiplayer sudoku is so much fun.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.