Sudoku (Full Version)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You won’t be looking for a paper puzzle ever again!
With 4 difficulty levels, intuitive interface, and all the functions right at your fingertips, this Sudoku app is sure to be your favorite. Interrupted? Exit Sudoku, and the puzzle is saved exactly as you see it!
* 4 levels - easy, medium, hard, extreme
* 3 input methods - digit first, cell first, popup
* Pencil marks with auto fill / erase, as specified in settings
* Undo and Redo
* Intelligent hints
* Real time competitions
* Top scores and History
* Selected digit highlighting, as specified in settings
* Incorrect entry highlighting, as specified in settings
* Submit results and track progress online
This version is supported by Ads (ad-free version - Sudoku Premium - is available for only $0.99).
A complete change log is at http://www.genina.com/sudoku/changelog.jsf
What's New in Version 9.0.2
- a new setting for "Default digit entry mode" ("Digit fist" vs. "Cell first")
- undo / redo now works for pencil marks as well as numbers.
- a new "Auto pencil" setting for erasing / adding pensil marks automatically as cells are solved / cleared.
- a new setting for highlighting cells that contain the selected digit.
- a new menu option: "Auto-fill" will fill out the pencil marks in all the empty cells (using this option counts as using helper, since it may, inadvertently, reveal parts of the solution).
- now there is a way to reset high scores / history (see Settings->Reset all scores).
Lots of options
I havent experienced the crashing that other reviewers mentioned (4s with iOS 5). I dont like all of the helpers and was happy that i could turn those off. For those who do like them, you can choose which ones to use if any. The pencil marks are also a great feature. Im not a sudoku pro and the puzzles are not too easy for me to enjoy them. I havent even tried the extreme level yet. I also liked that it wasnt overly colorful or made to look "pretty". Feels very much like i am holding a puzzle i might cut from a newspaper. Overall a great app with lots of options for you to do the puzzles however you please. Wish there was a fullscreen ipad version too
Great App; has a few drawbacks
This is by far my favorite sudoku app out of the 4 major apps available. Startup speed is outstanding, interface is simple and intuitive to the game, and settings are highly customizable. My only gripes are that the new popup layout significantly increases the time needed to enter digits and thus results in slower times, and that often when selecting a cell the app will select that cell and then switch to the cell next to it. This has ruined a few matches for me.
Best Sudoku App Out There
I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've tried them all. I really have... I'm obsessed with Sudoku. This app is not only easy to use but has more customizable features than any other. The most recent update included a new design which changes the color of all tiles containing a specific number, including notes (you may choose whether or not to utilize this feature) it is very helpful and extremely intuitive. I wouldn't recommend any Sudoku app more highly.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 10, 2013
- Version: 9.0.2
- Size: 10.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Japanese, Russian, Swedish
- Seller: Icenta, Inc.
- © 2009-2013 genina.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.