Sudoku Joy offers unlimited play at seventeen difficulty levels, the most of any free Sudoku app. This ad supported app offers features comparable to the paid apps! Sudoku keeps your brain sharp, young, and nimble! Relax after a hard day or just pass the time with the puzzle everyone is talking about.
Novices will especially appreciate Sudoku Joy. Our tutorial with practice games, extensive feature set, and advanced hint system are ideal if you are just learning Sudoku. Play more, learn to be a better player, find Sudoku Joy!
Our multi-stage hint system starts with a gentle reminder to get you back on track, and works up to an illustration of the exact technique to use and how it applies to the current board. Our hints ease those frustrating moments and teach you how to be a better player.
- Puzzle generator for unlimited play
- Scan puzzles from books/newspaper using camera
- Solver helps you with games from the newspaper
- Seventeen difficulty levels
- Tutorial teaches you new techniques
- Large, high contrast digits are easier to read
- User interface optimized for fewer touches
- Choice of six color schemes
- Never covers up the board while you are playing
- Infinite undo/redo
- Automatic or manual pencil marks
- Manually enter games from the newspaper
- Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call, switch applications, or lock the phone
- Highlighting helps you discover patterns
- Game clock; compares your time to other players
- Avoids graphic frills that distract from play
- Choice of digit styles, including Kanji and Hanzi
Discover Sudoku Joy!
Improved compatibility with newer versions of iOS.
Added support for split view multitasking (when available).
Fixes disappearing digits in wild and weird play.
Fixed on/off sliders in Settings sometimes getting "stuck".
Forcing the screen orientation is no longer available. Please use the system supplied orientation lock.
Now requires iOS 8 or newer.
Ratings and Reviews
Great deployment of the Sudoku game. Many options are available for playing, along with different levels of difficulty. The hint function also provides you with an explanation, which increases your knowledge of the game. I typical play Sudoku to clear my mind using Sudoku Joy's random boards - which are available at all levels. I would highly recommend Sudoku Joy to anyone that likes to play Sudoku. The paid version lets you play unlimited games. The free version only lets you play one board per level per day, but is a great way to see if you like the feel of the game controls before you purchase the full version.
My favorite Sudoku app
When I first started learning Sudoku, i installed 4 apps on my phone, this one is the only one left, even after removing the other three and adding two others. I love the training mode, and how each difficulty adds new skills to learn. I have been trying the most difficult ones in the newspaper, and appreciate the hint system, which starts by telling you which area to look, then each successive hint gives slightly more detail and, if needed, a full explanation. Great app, please keep up the development!
I love the combination of puzzles, statistics, and learning. You can progress through more than 10 levels of difficulty, and the app will help you identify new strategies for solving puzzles at each level. When you finish each puzzle, it tells you how your time compares with everyone else who has completed that puzzle. I love autopencil, which automatically keeps track of the possible values for each square.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.