By Jason Linhart
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sudoku Joy offers unlimited play at seventeen difficulty levels, the most of any free Sudoku app. This ad supported app offers features comparable to the paid apps! Sudoku keeps your brain sharp, young, and nimble! Relax after a hard day or just pass the time with the puzzle everyone is talking about.
Novices will especially appreciate Sudoku Joy. Our tutorial with practice games, extensive feature set, and advanced hint system are ideal if you are just learning Sudoku. Play more, learn to be a better player, find Sudoku Joy!
Our multi-stage hint system starts with a gentle reminder to get you back on track, and works up to an illustration of the exact technique to use and how it applies to the current board. Our hints ease those frustrating moments and teach you how to be a better player.
- Puzzle generator for unlimited play
- Scan puzzles from books/newspaper using camera
- Solver helps you with games from the newspaper
- Seventeen difficulty levels
- Tutorial teaches you new techniques
- Large, high contrast digits are easier to read
- User interface optimized for fewer touches
- Choice of six color schemes
- Never covers up the board while you are playing
- Infinite undo/redo
- Automatic or manual pencil marks
- Manually enter games from the newspaper
- Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call, switch applications, or lock the phone
- Highlighting helps you discover patterns
- Game clock; compares your time to other players
- Avoids graphic frills that distract from play
- Choice of digit styles, including Kanji and Hanzi
Discover Sudoku Joy!
What's New in Version 5.2.7
Improved compatibility with newer versions of iOS.
Added support for split view multitasking (when available).
Fixes disappearing digits in wild and weird play.
Fixed on/off sliders in Settings sometimes getting "stuck".
Forcing the screen orientation is no longer available. Please use the system supplied orientation lock.
Now requires iOS 8 or newer.
Great deployment of the Sudoku game. Many options are available for playing, along with different levels of difficulty. The hint function also provides you with an explanation, which increases your knowledge of the game. I typical play Sudoku to clear my mind using Sudoku Joy's random boards - which are available at all levels. I would highly recommend Sudoku Joy to anyone that likes to play Sudoku. The paid version lets you play unlimited games. The free version only lets you play one board per level per day, but is a great way to see if you like the feel of the game controls before you purchase the full version.
I have used this app for years
I have no idea how long I have been playing this app! It is so easy to use. There are difficulty levels to challenge all levels of players. Unlimited play. The ads do not interfere with play. You can even enter your own games. Other game apps have come and gone, but Sudoko Joy remains. I have the developers keep it up to date for the new iOS updates. I *love* this app!
Exceptional game with multiple levels and various options. I have not tried many of the features but it's good to have them.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 25, 2017
- Version: 5.2.7
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jason Linhart
- © 2009-2017 Jason T. Linhart
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.