By Shiny Things
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★★★★★ Special price of $0.99
Enjoy playing Sudoku with a clean, stylish interface that caters to everyone from beginners to advanced players. Sudoku Touch is the most intuitive, easiest, and engaging Sudoku app on iPhone and iPad with thousands of puzzles.
SUDOKU CHAMPIONS WANTED
• Experience sudoku like never before
• Write on the board with your finger just like on paper
• 5 difficulty modes with unlimited variations
• Double-tap to make pencil notes
• No messy keyboards - enter your answers with your finger
• Special option to show incorrect plays
• Game timer; know when you're getting better
• Collect stars at the end of each game
• Elegant Japanese theme
Breathe new life into your Sudoku game; get Sudoku Touch.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Greater contrast on the Sudoku board should improve legibility.
- Improved the difficulty of the simple and easy puzzles.
- The clock can now be hidden.
- iCloud support so games work across devices.
- Improved handwriting recognition.
Elegant design, simple mechanics, fun gameplay!
I love every one of The Little App Factory's products, but this handy Sudoku app is far and away my favorite and most used of them all. The difficulty setting is balanced just right, the controls are beautifully implemented and easy to use, and the visuals are beautiful in their simplicity. I've spent more time with this app than any of my other iPad games, if that's any sort of hint as to the quality of TLAF's gem.
My only gripe is that the touch screen can sometimes confuse what number you're attempting to choose, depending on how you write them; for example, the "triangle-style" 4 (the one displayed here) will occasionally register as a 9 instead, while the other variant of 4 (the type with the "hypotenuse" of the triangle-style bent back to look like an upside-down H) has no such issue. Of course, this is an infrequent issue, and doesn't really seem to have much of a solution anyway. It certainly doesn't detract from the gameplay.
Overall, an excellent product that I would recommend to any puzzle-lovers on the go.
Best Sudoku App I've Used
The touch interface makes this app incredibly easy to use. In other sudoku apps, you have to use clunky keypads. Here, you just tap a square and write your number -- quick and slick.
The quality of the puzzles is also very high. "Easy" puzzles are easy (but not too easy), "hard" puzzles hard, and "evil" puzzles will challenge the best solvers.
I had some quibbles with the earlier version (the tiles had been too dark), but this update fixes all of those issues. This is a terrific update, and if you like sudoku, this is the app to own.
It looks pretty and writing the number on the screen is not only fun but cleaner than having to bring up a keyboard.
Only feature request is iPhone 5 support.
Thanks for making this!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 25, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, German, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: Shiny Things Software Pty Ltd
- © Shiny Things Software Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.