By Finger Arts
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
▻Sudoku is Sudoku with Point System, Runs, and Online Leaderboards. Discover the next evolution of Sudoku with amazing graphics, animations, and ease of use. This is a Sudoku like one you have never experienced before ;)
...Thousands of puzzles, all free. Top class puzzles with selectable level of difficulty :)
To the classic Sudoku, we added:
=> A smart point system, wherein your score is based on 1) the value of each number multiplied (at the time of its match) by a multiplier that decreases in time and 2) the value of each block, row, column multiplied (at the time of its completion) by the decreasing multiplier
=> Thanks to Game Center, you can now rank and compare Sudoku scores and achievements against friends and strangers
=> ▻Sudoku also counts the runs, that is, each uninterrupted sequence of games won, and adds them to the online leaderboards
In ▻Sudoku, you win a game when you solve a puzzle with 3 errors or less (we used this threshold to give a bit of slack for mis-tapping :) Also, you have a number of hints to help you play (more at the easy, less at the hard level). To fit any taste, you can choose between a lush tile look or a more classic board look :)
You gain access to medium level after you win the easy level 2 times consecutively, same for hard level (3 times)
What our testers are saying:
• "The game is perfect! I am really loving ▻Sudoku. It is very addicting and fun, absolutely the best sudoku I have ever played."
• "Fabulous! You turned me into a ▻Sudoku fan hook, line and sinker :)"
• "The gameplay of ▻Sudoku is great, very smooth."
• "Great app - love it! Well done! Love the start up sounds/music!"
What's New in Version 4.6
• Improvements and optimizations
This is an absolute must if you are a sudoku fan. It has four different playing levels, one that can certainly work for you. You can place the possible numbers in each square (your notes), and have each square automatically adjusted when you determine one of the numbers in an adjacent square. You can also turn off that feature if you want. If you click on any number on the board, it highlights all the squares where that number has been correctly identified up to that point, and in a lighter color, shows you the other possible squares that could be that number, based on your notes. To be considered an expert in each game, you can have as many as three wrong errors in each game. It then keeps track of your winning streak as an expert. If you have more than three errors, the streak is over, and it starts a new winning streak. To me, that makes it more competitive. Not only is the app fun to use, but you try to keep your winning streak going. There is also an option if you are really stuck, where it will give you one correct square. I don't use that, but it's there if you want it. You can choose various colors and tile styles. I have set aside my sudoku books and I use this app exclusively.
I play it too much for me to give any less than five stars
High quality game, difficulty scales up gradually. If you are looking for a sudoku to play whenever you are bored, get this one, and don't read any further.
I only have a couple minor complaints that should only be of interest to the developers, who now hold the keys to my mental health:
- Please explain how points are tallied in the help. I NEED to know for my own sanity. I play on extreme difficulty and get really frustrated when I complete one game with no mistakes in 8 min and get a lower score than another game where i make one or two mistakes in 9 min.
- The delay for the block fill animation is too long. When I'm on a roll, filling in the remaining spaces, i often select a different block BEFORE the animation for the previous selection has completed, so the the deselect call at the end of the animation undoes my selection for the next block and i sit there tapping on the number tile with nothing happening until the game decides i must need to read the help again because i have forgotten to select a space. Can you add a preference to disable the auto-deselect at then end of the fill animation so that people on the train don't have to hear my cursing shouts?
- Can you make it even more difficult? Please? I feel like a fraud because these extreme boards seem to have too many initial tiles. Maybe add a secret super extreme difficulty mode that you can only unlock with a specific gesture?
I've been playing Sudoku for several years. I bought the book Sudoku for Dumbies, went thru the entire book, didn't play all the Easy, Medium?, but played everything after that. It was a great book to start out with. Then I did a book of triangular Sudoku, that was fun! After that I started a book with oddly shaped Sudoku puzzles. I never tire of them. I tried the Sudoku that came with my iPhone, however, it was boring so I went looking for something challenging. I found your games. They have just enough challenge for me. I enjoy the stimulation that Sudoku causes.
My only complaint is that some of your puzzles are easier than others. I think there should be consistency in the challenges. I'm not trying to break any records so it doesn't matter how long it takes as long as I'm challenged. Have you given any thought to Sudoku in different shapes? Just some food for thought.
I'll give you four stars.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 22, 2015
- Version: 4.6
- Size: 53.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Finger Arts
- © Finger Arts
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.