By Sarah Pierce
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Rainbow sudoku with *1 million* free puzzles to play!
Heart Sudoku is a beautiful, colorful way to enjoy sudoku. Gems that look like hard candies shimmer into place when you get an answer right. Tap a number to make it glow and solve the puzzle even faster. A rainbow light show celebrates your win!
There are lots of options for how to play: one keypad for bigger buttons, or two for faster note entry. Turn the timer on to compete with other players, or off to relax, whichever suits your mood. Let auto-note do the busywork for you, or leave it off for a bigger challenge. Be sure to try all three puzzle themes!
• 1 million puzzles, five levels. All Free!
• Three different puzzle themes
• Realistic light effects
• Tracks your averages, records, and more
• See how you stack up against other players
• Turn off the timer for a relaxing game
What's New in Version 2.2
Here's whats new:
- I split Autonote into two separate features: one that autofills notes for you at the start of a game, and one that autodeletes notes as you enter numbers. If you have both of these turned on it will be the same as the previous feature.
- I added a second page of settings. Click "More" in the lower right of the settings menu to see it. From this page you can switch to using the old method of calculating your average time (average ALL your games instead of just the most recent 20), and you can also turn the old 30 second penalty for wrong entries back on in case you enjoy that type of punishment :)
- I fixed bug where all the average times listed on the stats page were showing the same value
- I fixed bug causing the Stats page to not refresh every time it is opened
- I fixed a bug where the average times were not actually using your most recent 20 games (they were using the FIRST 20 of a 50-game list of recent scores, not the last 20)
- I hopefully fixed a bug where sometimes all the buttons disappear from the main menu, but I am not 100% sure about this one. Please let me know if this still happens to you!
- Your device will now sleep after showing an ad to avoid battery drain.
Thanks so much to everyone who sent feedback and I hope you guys enjoy the update! ~Sarah
Absolutely the best sudoku out there!
I've owned the Pro version of this game for several years and the most recent upgrade has provided options that should make everyone happy. You can now play with or without auto fill and auto remove of the numbers. Your average can be calculated over a lifetime or over the most recent 20 games so you can watch your improvement. I use this game as a brain exercise to hopefully help ward off Alzheimer's post-retirement.
The programmer is responsive to input and has a great sense of humor (she added back an option for the time penalty for mistakes because some users liked that kind of punishment). For me the greatest feature is the jewel-like colors that make this sudoku unique but you can even change that if you're a purist. If I could have only one game on my phone, this would be it!
Become a better player with this app
This app will make you a better sudoku player. It uses a different color for every number which helps one to quickly see which numbers are present and which are missing. The app records puzzle times for completed puzzles and ranks you among all players for each difficulty level, compelling the competitive spirited players to constantly try to race the clock. Penalties are assessed for committed mistakes and the mistaken number automatically removed from the board. This saves some frustration and helps to keep scores more consistent. Other themes can be applied if you don't care for the rainbow, but I recommend giving it a try to see what a help the color can be. I've played this app for years now and have yet to find one that is even nearly as entertaining.
Still needs p,entry of work
I had hoped this would be better, but was disappointed. Yes, it’s colorful and that IS nice. Having the 2 boards works well, although being left handed, it’s always a challenge to have to reach over one board.
The most disappointing is not being able to play landscape format on iPad. No highlight of the vertical and horizontal rows to facilitate finding numbers. This is an electronic game after all, and that should be available as an optional feature.
As I tried to turn “on” some of the features, they would not work. Valiant try, and I hope u can improve on it.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 27, 2017
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 31.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sarah Pierce
- © Megafauna software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mega puzzle pack$3.99
- Gentle Puzzle Pack #1$0.99
- Extreme puzzle pack #1$0.99
- Medium puzzle pack #1$0.99
- Easy Puzzle Pack #1$0.99
- Gentle puzzle pack #2$0.99
- Hard puzzle pack #1$0.99