Sugarmate is a companion app for users of the Dexcom G4/G5/G6 continuous glucose monitoring system. It works great for both the CGM wearer or follower.
• Easy setup
- just add Sugarmate as a Follower, or input your Nightscout url
- login on multiple devices (using one Follow slot total)
• Real-time syncing across all of your devices, including the Sugarmate Mac and web apps
• Additional notifications like Steady Above Normal, Predictive High and Predictive Low, with customizable alert sounds
• Emergency Contacts Alert: designate up to 5 people as emergency contacts and they will receive a text message with your last location when your sugar level is urgently low (Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life)
• Below Normal Call: receive a call to alarm you when your sugar is below normal and you are sleeping (even when your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode)
• Better Apple Watch integration: your watch face updates within a minute of a new reading, shows the time of your reading and the +/- from your previous reading. And works for Followers!
• Today Widget with real time stats and graphs for your lockscreen
• Built-in nutritional food lookup, with voice recognition, food imagery, and barcode scanning
• An infinitely scrolling history of all of your sugar levels (starting 24 hours before you start using the app). Pinch to zoom, or rotate your phone to enlarge
• Siri Shortcuts: just say "what's my sugar", "add insulin", "lookup food" and more
• Apple Health: two-way syncing, plus automatically creates walk/jog/run events based on your steps
• Export and email your readings and activity to an Excel spreadsheet
• Activity feed with photos and voice dictation
- Track your food, insulin, medication, exercise, manual readings and notes
- Offline saving so you can still log while out of service
• Over 20 customizable tiles, including a mini-graph and other stats such as average, estimated A1c, median, flux, % in range/low/high, total insulin total carbs, and more
• Themes: make the app more personal by picking your own color scheme
• Multi-user support: manage 2+ people's sugar levels on one phone.
This application is not owned by or affiliated with Dexcom.
This application is not owned by or affiliated with the Nightscout Project.
Ratings and Reviews
Dexcom should learn from this app...
This is my first review of ANY tool or software for the iPhone. I am 1 month new to the Dexcom G5 and am sick of the Dexcom support team or lack there of (too many UNDESIRED FEATURES in Dexcom tools and phone only based tech support)! This free tool fills almost every hole left by Dexcom. The only bad comment I can make is it doesn’t use your old Health data so you have to use the tool so long term stats make sense. The free tool has easy to use food (carbs!) look-up that has really helped me level out my undulations....
Heck even the prediction prevented me from spiking low a couple times now (totally missed by Dexcom!)....
This tool is a must **companion tool** for anyone with a Dexcom G5!!! I more often read it instead of the Dexcom app. It is not a HACKER tool to get more battery life or sensor use, but a tool that will help you better use the Dexcom CGM data and help you control your diabetes better than before....
If you use the dexcom app and are debating trying Sugarmate, just look at all these 5 star reviews and do it! Sugarmate is seriously one of the best tools in our diabetes arsenal. It is feature rich, easy and intuitive to use, FREE, has responsive customer service... I could go on and on.
One particular feature that I find especially useful is that as a follower of a dexcom wearer, I can run my finger on the timeline and see the individual blood sugars. In comparison, the dexcom app only allows the original downloader do that and they can only do it when the phone (on iPhone at least) is held in portrait mode. Oh! And they are limited to 24 hours.
We are using the CGM to try and employ Sugar Surfing techniques rather than just passively noting the blood sugar. Sugarmate allows us to better respond to and manage my daughter’s bg. I am seriously so thankful for this app. Thank you!
EDIT: I am editing my old review because not only did the app developer fix any frustrations I had, he made other improvements I didn't even realize I wanted! He was open to what I had to say and reached out to me to ask. This is the most used app on my phone and THE way we manage diabetes in my house. 5 Stars all the way.
Love this app. I use it for my 8 year old T1 and it has replaced our log book. It has every feature I was looking for in the Dexcom app. The only frustrating part of this app that I would love to see resolved is how you enter the carb number when entering food. The slider eliminates some of the numbers (like 15 which is our most used number.) It would be helpful to be able to just type in the number. Thank you for making a difficult and all consuming disease a little bit easier!
- Wild Village LLC
- 98.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Wild Village LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.