By SugarSync, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SugarSync is the best way to backup, access, sync, and share all your files and folders including documents, photos, videos, and music — from any computer or mobile device.
• Sync any folder on your computer. Access your documents, photos, videos, or music from any computer, mobile device, or SugarSync website.
• Automatically back up photos and videos from the Camera Roll into SugarSync.
• Share Privately when you want to share with a few select people. Only people who receive the invite will be able to view your files.
• Share Public links when you want to share with a broader audience. Anyone with the link can access your files.
• Access Shared Content - Files and folders that other people have shared with you can be accessed on the go.
• Cloud Search - Easily search for any file or folder that has been synced to SugarSync from any of your computers. You can then view, sync, or share the file right from your iOS app.
• Open In - Save documents, photos, or videos from other apps into your SugarSync app. You can even select the folder to which you want to save the file to.
• Beautiful Photo Gallery so you can access all the photos in your SugarSync account.
• Stream Videos and Music that you have in SugarSync without actually downloading them to your device.
• Free plan allows you try SugarSync for 90 days
What others are saying about SugarSync?
SugarSync "is by far the best solution I have tested to replicating and synchronizing your files across multiple computers. It really works." – Walt Mossberg, Wall Street Journal
Using SugarSync to manage your files is a lifesaver and I think it is the only sane way to edit documents on the go" – John Biggs, TechCrunch
What's New in Version 4.2.0
- Redesigned for iOS7.
- Fixed some bugs related to automatic backup of photos and videos.
Does just what I want...
Allows me to sync ANY folders/files on my PC, and I don't have to move things to a dedicated folder on the PC like iCloud or OneDrive make me do. The app is intuitive and works like I would expect it to. Have not experienced the show-stopping bugs other reviewers have... No problems on my PC and only a minor occasional problem when viewing PDF's on my iPad that is easy to overcome (close and reopen the file). The PDF viewing issue is the only reason I didn't give it five stars.
Bottom line... coming from the Windows world, I have found this app invaluable. It eliminates the "email yourself a file" contortions or unintuitive iTunes method of copying files to the iPad. And even better when my PC is updated, my iPad is updated in the background. If your primary environment is Windows and you want files on your iPad, this app is just the ticket!
Buggy as hell.
Buggy, slow, overpriced. Support slow to get back to you and not very helpful. Many known issues, which they tell you they are working on with "no timeline." Be forewarned: does not work with current version of iWork. You will need to revert all your iWork documents back to iWork '09 versions, and even then you will have problems. For a paid service it is abysmal. The only advantage is that you can leave your stuff where it is on your computer rather than put it in a dedicated folder like you have to do for dropbox. But what use is this if you can't get your data into and out of the cloud? Go with another service. If you must try sugarsync, do so for a few months, and be prepared to spend hours and hours troubleshooting. Don't pay for a whole year up front.
Mirrors my Mac
I have SS mirror most of my Mac so I have access to all my files from my iPad or phone. I like that I can open attachments in mail on my iPad or phone with SS, then save them to my Mac via SS.
On the negative side, I have 100GB of photos in hundreds of folders. It tries to arrange them all by folders and thumbnails which won't work. Local syncing of individual photo folders to iPad or phone works fine.
Sharing works well cross platform. Biggest advantage over DropBox or Box is that it works with my folder hierarchy, no need for special sync folders.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 03, 2014
- Version: 4.2.0
- Size: 6.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: SugarSync, Inc.
- © 2014 SugarSync, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 30 GB Plan$49.99