By SugarSync, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
SugarSync is the best way to backup, access, sync, and share all your files and folders including documents, photos, videos, and music — from any computer or mobile device.
• Sync any folder on your computer. Access your documents, photos, videos, or music from any computer, mobile device, or SugarSync website.
• Automatically back up photos and videos from the Camera Roll into SugarSync.
• Share Privately when you want to share with a few select people. Only people who receive the invite will be able to view your files.
• Share Public links when you want to share with a broader audience. Anyone with the link can access your files.
• Access Shared Content - Files and folders that other people have shared with you can be accessed on the go.
• Cloud Search - Easily search for any file or folder that has been synced to SugarSync from any of your computers. You can then view, sync, or share the file right from your iOS app.
• Open In - Save documents, photos, or videos from other apps into your SugarSync app. You can even select the folder to which you want to save the file to.
• Beautiful Photo Gallery so you can access all the photos in your SugarSync account.
• Stream Videos and Music that you have in SugarSync without actually downloading them to your device.
• Free plan allows you try SugarSync for 90 days
What others are saying about SugarSync?
SugarSync "is by far the best solution I have tested to replicating and synchronizing your files across multiple computers. It really works." – Walt Mossberg, Wall Street Journal
Using SugarSync to manage your files is a lifesaver and I think it is the only sane way to edit documents on the go" – John Biggs, TechCrunch
What's New in Version 4.6.0
- Support for iOS11 and the ability to access your SugarSync files & folders within the new Files app
- Added Force Touch support for quick access to Clean out my device, Photos and Offline content
- Added notifications for subscription changes
- Added shortcut to status bar to see which photos/videos are uploading
- New analytic engine
- Streamlined the signup experience
- Fixed the app from crashing
SugarSync is quite nice
SugarSync has a really good UI and interface compared to other backup services.
Why SugarSync rather than other backup services?
Well, I was actually a customer for BackBlaze for about three years. It has been really handy and saved me a couple of times. Though what irked me was that with BackBlaze, there a 30 day file retention policy. Meaning if you don’t back up your computer at least every thirty days. They will delete your data. So I figured I should look for a new backup service.
SugarSync doesn’t have that policy. And compared to BackBlaze’s app. SugarSync’s is more functional. The UI on desktop and mobile feels very modern and usable. I’ve also tried SpiderOakOne which is similar to SugarSync but the app is so unusable, that it turned me away from them.
Also unlike with these services. SugarSync backs up your photos.
Yes there are backup services like Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive. But you can’t choose which folder you want to backup. You’re only confined to one folder.
Now SugarSync does have a few drawbacks. It is more expensive than other backup services. The lowest plan is $7.49 per month for 100GB That is a bit pricey.
And on the app. You can’t preview thumbnail images for .png files Though .jpg and .jpeg work. Though is minor.
Though I’ll gladly pay a bit more for better user accessibility, better UI, and just being pretty dang handy. And that’s why I chose SugarSync as my main backup service.
Huge bug in latest release
When accessing folders in the app, once a folder is open, you cannot close it and access other folders unless you fully close the app. This is a major bug only in this latest release. I attempted to contact Sugarsync directly related to this, but there was no easy way to contact them.
Note: also crashes all the time when I attempt to open or send a document or file. Not good!
iPhone X support
Even though I am a big user of both drop box and iCloud , sugar sync is my goto cloud storage as it maintains my folder configuration.
However I wish they would optimize the app for iPhone X. In many of the offline screens or viewing photos the only way I can sometimes go back is by force closing the App
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 16, 2017
- Version: 4.6.0
- Size: 14.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: SugarSync, Inc.
- © 2016 SugarSync, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 30 GB Plan$49.99
- 60 GB Plan$74.99