By Playdek, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PocketTactics.com’s Game of the Year, 2012
PocketTactics.com’s Multiplayer Game of the Year, 2012
VideoGameGeek.com’s Golden Geek Award, Best Mobile/Handheld game 2012
Gamezebo’s #1 Board/Card game of 2012
“An out-of-the-gate smash success.” – Gameshark.com
“I just keep playing this!” – Dicetower.com
“It was so much fun, it was all I could think about.” – Drakesflames.blogspot.com
Summoner Wars for iOS is a digital card game with all the tactical elements of a board game. Summoner Wars for iOS allows players to control the Phoenix Elves faction and battle against AI opponents or go online to play against others. Nine additional factions such as the Tundra Orcs, Guild Dwarves and Cave Goblins are available through the game’s in-app store. For those who wish to take the game to the next level, a deck-editor allows players to select the cards in their factions and reinforcements to build a custom deck to play with, within the confines of the rules. Changing cards can affect game play, making the game infinitely customizable.
A Playdek online account is required to play online.
Summoner Wars is a popular fantasy card game where players take on the role of a Summoner. Players cast spells and summon warriors to a battlefield and tactically maneuver them in an effort to defeat their opponent’s summoner. Summoner Wars offers many faction decks for players to choose from, like the precise Phoenix Elves, the hordes of Cave Goblins, or the righteous Vanguards. Each faction offers unique play and requires players to adapt to the special strategies available to that faction. Summoner Wars the card game was released in 2009 and has received critical acclaim from a variety of board game review sites.
• Phoenix Elves Faction and reinforcements included
• Factions and their reinforcement cards are included in a purchase
• 6 AI opponents
• 9 factions to purchase
• Mercenary Card pack to purchase
• Plaid Hat promo cards included in Mercenary Card pack
• Tutorial, Card Gallery and Rule Book
• Pass-and-play multiplayer (2 players)
• Asynchronous or real-time online play (2 players)
• Universal game application – buy once and play on all your devices
• Selectable Online game clocks
• Rematch button for online and offline matches
• “Next Game” button takes you to your next asynchronous online game
• iPhone / iPod 5 screen support
Find us on Facebook and Twitter! Playdek website: www.playdekgames.com
From Playdek, the award-winning publisher and developer
• D&D Lords of Waterdeep
• Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer (Golden Geek, 2011 – Boardgamegeek.com)
• Food Fight iOS
• Penny Arcade the Game: Gamers vs Evil
• Can’t Stop
What's New in Version 1.2.1
• Fixed several bugs found in the rules.
Very Fun, Needs an Undo button.
I love Summoner Wars, both in physical form and in this app. The only thing I can suggest to make it better is to have an Undo button, in case you skip your attack step, thinking you were ending the movement step.
And putting up some more factions/Second Summoners.
Fury too powerful
Game loses it's fun when in one turn the computer makes 8 attacks using over powered "fury" ability (somehow always rolls a 5 or 6 to get an extra attack) completely using one unit to win the game. Don't know if it is computer cheating, or horribly unbalanced ability. Just is not fun going from having the upper hand in a game, to losing in one turn.
Play this game!
This is a great board game and a great app. I wish this one was as popular as other lcgs or even mtg. It pays off if you invest the time to learn it
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 06, 2014
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 68.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Playdek, Inc.
- © 2012 Plaid Hat Games, 2012 Playdek, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Everything Bundle 1$7.99
- 9 Faction bundle + Mercenary Pack 1$7.99
- Tacullu (Benders)$1.99
- Sunderved (Mountain Vargath)$1.99
- Core1 Bundle$6.99
- Ret-Talus Default Deck$0.99
- Mercenary Pack 1$0.99
- Vlox Default Deck$0.99
- Sera Eldwyn Default Deck$0.99
- Grognack Default Deck$0.99