Sun n Moon
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sun n Moon accurately calculates data for any location on earth for:
- Moon phases animation
- Compass showing sun and moon positions
**Now on Apple WATCH
*** WATCH a VIDEO demo at our site ***
• Sunrise and sunset times (no network connection required)
• Moonrise and moonset times
• Specify location by 4 methods:
1) GPS or location services
2) Choose from a list of cities worldwide
3) Latitude and longitude
4) Google Maps
• Phase of the Moon/Percentage Illumination
• Compass view for navigation showing position of sun and moon (slider animates the position and elevation for different times of the day)
• Save a location (startup to the saved location or automatically find current location)
• Select any date. Quickly switch between dates using arrows or return to current date.
• Easy to read display (in 24 hour or am/pm format)
• Handles time zones and daylight savings time
• Shows past/future dates for northern/southern extremes when sun is down/up all day
• Accurate times (NOAA standard) calculated right on the device (network connection not required)
• Details view - time of solar noon, current altitude and elevation for sun and moon
What's New in Version 3.3
- added function to Apple Watch to go directly to today's date
- slight changes to look of Apple Watch app
Love it. It works. Simple.
Used it for many years. Definite winner. You can win bets around the solstices, because the times of sunrises and sunsets do some crazy things due to the earth's elliptical orbit.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 18, 2015
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: David Gibson
- © Catalyst4
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.