Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Sun Sentinel's exclusive, in-depth local reporting on your iPhone and iPad.
• Stay informed with South Florida's best source of news, sports, business, and entertainment
• Sign up for push notifications to get the latest news from our newsroom as soon as stories break
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Edit the section list to be in your preferred order
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Keep track of what you've read and what you haven't with Progress Report
• Turn your device sideways for an entirely different visual view of the news (iPad only)
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• See your progress: Articles that have been read are greyed out to make your reading experience more efficient
• Download the app to enjoy a sampling of free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, the Sun Sentinel website, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tribpub.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to sun-sentinel.com from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 954-393-0111.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at email@example.com. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
We release regular updates to clean up bugs and optimize your reading experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Worst news app on the planet
Updated: App is now completely unusable. Completely freezes after reading a part of one story and when attempting to navigate to the next. Sent two emails to the company asking for some idea as to when we might get some relief. Asked for a reply and never got one. For $7.99 per month I think subscribers (the few they have) are entitled to the respect of a response and ultimately a working app. What a shame. It is as if they want this newspaper to go out of business with their lack of any care for its readers. I’m officially done. Canceling subscription today.
Stories with imbedded videos that have nothing to do with their stories. For example I just read a story about skull like images in hurricane Irma which was interesting, and the imbedded video was a weather report from another county. Are they trying to chase away readers with such bad reporting and inaccurate stories?
This app keeps up stories forever without changing content. Do we really want news from weeks ago? If you can't commit to your community sell your newspaper to someone who will.
As a paid subscriber, I want the app to work properly on my devices, because I want to read the local news. The reporting is fine, not great, but acceptable.
However, the app, especially on my iPad, is excruciatingly slow. It has taken upwards of a FULL MINUTE for the app to open and display the index of stories. That is just not acceptable.
In addition, as others have noted, it is almost laughable that so many of the imbedded videos are not related to the stories to which they are attached. And it is also common that attached photos are shown multiple times, so that when the app indicates that there are 30 photos, it might really be 10 different images, repeated 3 times. It appears very amateurish.
After moving away from South Florida a year and half ago, I decided to keep my Sun-Sentinel subscription to stay up-to-date with the news from my hometown via the app. This worked OK (but not great) until about two months ago. Now it’s completely unusable.
Stories don’t load. The app constantly crashes. It’s a new frustration every single morning. Adding insult to injury, I’m paying for this pleasure. Well, not anymore.
I’ve tried every tech-support trick in the book (logging out and back in, deleting the app and reinstalling, etc.), but to no avail. I’m throwing in the towel. I’ll spend my money elsewhere.
- Tribune Company
- 110 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Sun Sentinel
- In-App Purchases
- News App Only $4.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $7.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.