By Adam Ratana
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sun Surveyor predicts Sun & Moon positions (azimuth, altitude, time) with a 3D Compass, Interactive Map + Street View, Augmented Reality and a detailed Ephemeris. Sun Surveyor is useful for film and photo location scouting, photographers, architecture, solar panel positioning, gardening, real estate, film grips, Earth Science geekery, and more! Plan for every sunrise, sunset and super moon!
Use the interactive controls to:
- Predict and plan for the golden hour, blue hour and every sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset
- Find the time of year and angle to shoot a location at Sunrise or Sunset, or compositions involving the Moon
- View augmented reality projections of the Sun and Moon paths, pinpoint the time the sun or moon will be at a particular location in the sky
- Visualize the Sun and Moon throughout the day or over a year for any location on the earth
- Observe the Summer and Winter Solstice paths & Equinox paths for any location
- Prepare night photography shots with the Milky Way & star trail features
- Sun & Moon Bearing and Altitude, Sunrise & Sunset, Shadow Ratio, Moon Rise & Set, Moon Phase & Illumination %, Twilight Times (Civil, Nautical, Astronomical), Summer and Winter Solstice Paths, Equinox Paths, Golden Hour and Blue Hour Times, Solar Noon, upcoming moon phase dates and a Super Moon finder!
- Milky Way band and center visualizations, celestial compass for visualizing star trails.
- Live Augmented Reality View - View through the device's camera, visualize where the sun and moon will be in the sky, or when they will move behind a building
- Interactive Map View - A top-down view of Sun and Moon event positions overlaid onto an interactive map . Lock down your shooting point and align your shot with Sun & Moon events! With vector, satellite and terrain maps, rotation and tilting of the map view for enhanced perspective. Also features elevation lookups and the ability to determine difference in vertical angles between two locations.
- 3D Compass - A 3D projection of Sun and Moon positions and events overlaid onto a compass representing the device's bearing and orientation in the world
- Street View - A 360 degree interactive panorama (when available) for your selected location
- "Today" Widget (new!) - (for the pull-down notification center) shows rise and set times for the current location and the next upcoming sun event
... And more:
- Import and Export of Locations - import Google Earth .kmz/.kml placemarks, and export to share with others or for backup purposes
- Time Machine Slider - Visualize events for a single day, or watch the days get longer and shorter and the Moon's path get further and closer throughout a year
- Offline Usage (excludes Map & Street View)
- Elevation calculations - determine the height of a particular location, relative to another, and the difference in vertical angle between them
- Enter Coordinates, Save & Load Locations with no data connection or GPS available
- Send screenshots and details to collaborators and colleagues
- Sun shadow ratio and projection, visualize the shadows cast from the sun
- Moon distance, age, apogee, perigee, super moon predictions
- Local, Auto-Detect and manual TimeZone selection
- Compensation for Magnetic Declination
- Languages: English, Deutsch, Français, 日本語, Italiano, Español, русский, Norsk (Bokmål), Dansk, Nederlands, 中文 (繁體), 中文 (简体), 한국의, čeština, Türkçe, Português (Brasil), Polski
What's New in Version 2.1
- Milky Way Features - toggle on display of the Milky Way band and center with the new info panel, see the visualization in the Live View, 3D Compass, Street View & Map
- Live View - toggle display of the celestial North and South poles for star-trail planning and visualization
- Tweaks for iOS 9+, other minor fixes and improvements
Today was a lunar eclipse and we all wanted to know when and where the moon would rise so we could look for it. This app totally delivered showing the location and time in the night sky where the moon would rise, superimposed over the night sky!
Improved UI and functionality
The latest updates look great. The new clean layout and simple interface allows you to focus more on the information provided.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 18, 2015
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 14.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Adam Ratana
- © 2011-2015 Adam Ratana
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad.