Sun Surveyor - Sun & Moon Visualization, Prediction and Planning Tool
By Adam Ratana
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Sun Surveyor is featured in the Photography for Professionals Category ***
Sun Surveyor predicts Sun & Moon positions (azimuth, altitude, time) with a 3D Compass, Interactive Map + Street View, Augmented Reality and a detailed Ephemeris. Sun Surveyor is useful for film and photo location scouting, photographers, architecture, solar panel positioning, gardening, real estate, film grips, Earth Science geekery, and more! Plan for every sunrise, sunset and super moon!
Use the interactive controls to:
- Predict and plan for the golden hour, blue hour and every sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset
- Find the time of year and angle to shoot a location at Sunrise or Sunset, or compositions involving the Moon
- View augmented reality projections of the Sun and Moon paths, pinpoint the time the sun or moon will be at a particular location in the sky
- Visualize the Sun and Moon throughout the day or over a year for any location on the earth
- Observe the Summer and Winter Solstice paths & Equinox paths for any location
- Prepare night photography shots with the Milky Way & star trail features
- Sun & Moon Bearing and Altitude, Sunrise & Sunset, Shadow Ratio, Moon Rise & Set, Moon Phase & Illumination %, Twilight Times (Civil, Nautical, Astronomical), Summer and Winter Solstice Paths, Equinox Paths, Golden Hour and Blue Hour Times, Solar Noon, upcoming moon phase dates and a Super Moon finder!
- Milky Way band and center visualizations, celestial compass for visualizing star trails.
- Live Augmented Reality View - View through the device's camera, visualize where the sun and moon will be in the sky, or when they will move behind a building
- Interactive Map View - A top-down view of Sun and Moon event positions overlaid onto an interactive map . Lock down your shooting point and align your shot with Sun & Moon events! With vector, satellite and terrain maps, rotation and tilting of the map view for enhanced perspective. Also features elevation lookups and the ability to determine difference in vertical angles between two locations.
- 3D Compass - A 3D projection of Sun and Moon positions and events overlaid onto a compass representing the device's bearing and orientation in the world
- Street View - A 360 degree interactive panorama (when available) for your selected location
- "Today" Widget (new!) - (for the pull-down notification center) shows rise and set times for the current location and the next upcoming sun event
... And more:
- Visual time machine - take a quick glance at the light for a day, or dial in desired compositions easily
- Moon distance, age, apogee, perigee, super moon predictions
- Sun shadow information - calculate the length of shadows cast by objects
- Share details and locations with clients and colleagues
- Offline usage (excludes Map View, Street View) - enter coordinates, save & load locations with no data connection or GPS available
- Measure distance, and difference between elevations, and vertical angle differentials with the Map view
- Import and export Google Earth .kmz/.kml locations
- Magnetic declination compensation
- Languages: English, Deutsch, Français, 日本語, Italiano, Español, Català, русский, Norsk (Bokmål), Dansk, Nederlands, 中文 (繁體), 中文 (简体), 한국의, čeština, Türkçe, Português (Portugal & Brasil), Polski
What's New in Version 2.3.5
- iOS 9+: Added 3D-touch quick actions for the home screen icon
- Minor bugfixes and improvements
- If you like Sun Surveyor, please consider leaving a review in the App Store!
One of the most used and important tools in my photo bag
I have been using free sun and moon trackers for sunrise/sunset, moon shots, and general lighting info but this one blew me away. IT IS SO WORTH THE PRICE if you need an accurate and very workable tool. I love the live view and the ability to work with Google steer view. If you rely on the sun or moon for your photos (I'm thinking you all do to some extent) then you need this app. Ten stars!
I was looking for an app that I could use to find where the moon is at any given time of the day. My son is very interested in the moon now. This app is amazing! I can find the moon exactly where it is at any time!
Worth Every Penny!
This app is awesome! Very accurate live and street view of sun movement is pure genius. Glad I bought this. Perfect for photography and time traveling with the sun!!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 09, 2016
- Version: 2.3.5
- Size: 15.8 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Adam Ratana
- © 2011-2016 Adam Ratana
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad.