Sun is centered around a single weather line visualising the temperature and precipitation by the hour.
- Simple scroll-based user interface. Scrolling horizontally enables time travelling while scrolling down vertically provides a detailed forecast for a particular data point. Scrolling up simply reveals a collection of all cities. That’s it.
- Comprehensive data. Sun is powered by Dark Sky which aggregates 19 different weather sources together statistically.
- Hyper local forecast and rain prediction with minute-precision at the *exact* location. Available in the US, the UK, and Ireland.
- Detailed forecast includes precipitation by the minute (if available) and by the hour, wind speed (and bearing), chance of rain, apparent temperature, high/low temperatures, humidity, cloud cover, visibility, pressure, and sunrise/sunset.
- Please keep in mind this app doesn't have a weekly forecast view. This is by design, if you need it, this app isn't for you.
Okay, it's tough reading reviews for your first app! Lesson learned.
- Fixed servere performance issues on Plus models - the frame rate has been improved considerably. Still not quite on level with non-Plus models, working on that.
- Slightly refined icon
- Disabled the rain droplets layer due to performance issues on most models
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful, could use some tweaks
This is a beautiful and simple app. It doesn't do much, but if you need to know what the weather will be like at any given time of day (temp/wind/precipitation), this app does that. It doesn't give a lot of detail and previewing the next day is a bit of a pain, but if you just want to know if it's likely to rain in the next few hours or how hot it will get before sundown, it's easy to find out.
One major fix I would suggest is: the app doesn't currently save unit preferences. The default is Fahrenheit, and I have to switch to Celsius every time I open the app. For that reason, it lost a star.
Looks great but needs some work.
This app looks awesome and gives me all the information I need. However, it’s pretty buggy and needs a few improvements. When you close the app it doesn’t save the locations you searched for. You also can’t delete the Copenhagen or New York locations. Lastly, swiping between locations is really clunky.
Beautiful interface and a very nice way to check the weather. The simplicity sets it apart from other other apps in the best way possible.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.