Sunrise Calendar - for Google Calendar, Exchange and for iCloud
By Sunrise Atelier, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured in CNN, TechCrunch, The Verge, FastCompany.
Sunrise is a free calendar app made for Google Calendar, iCloud and Exchange. Designed with love, Sunrise is a new experience that will make your life easier.
• 100% free calendar app with a gorgeous design.
• Compatible with Google Calendar, iCloud, Exchange.
• A completely redesigned calendar experience for your iPhone and iPad.
• Synchronization that just works, in real-time and with background updates.
• Quick Add Event just by typing "Lunch tomorrow at 9pm" (long-press on the +) (for Google Calendars only).
• Timezone Support. No more headache when traveling!
• Facebook Events and Birthdays included.
• See faces and profiles of people you are meeting with using LinkedIn.
• Weather forecast based on your location.
• Smart icons.
• Tag location to events.
• Use Google Maps for Directions.
• Connect multiple Google Calendars.
What's New in Version 3.01
Today, we have something to tell you. Open Sunrise to learn more. #justthebeginning
Great, but minor improvements needed
Sunrise is a fluid, convenient app that needs updates to keep me as a user:
1). When an event is deleted or moved, the alert attached to the event should also be deleted or removed. I still receive alerts on events that are deleted or moved.
2). Custom alert times. Frequently I want an alert outside of the stock stock alerts. What if I want an alert 15hours prior to the event? 12hours is my only option close to this.
3). New mobile layout. It is currently choppy and split. No specifics here outside of a negative user experience.
4). The day of the month needs to be displayed in the apps icon for both desktop and mobile. Sometimes I want to quickly check the date of the month and would like to be able to see it within the app icon without having to open the actual app.
This is a great app. My google calendars had stopped synching with my phone so anything I added to my phone didn't update to the master calendar. I spent weeks where I was never sure when I had appointments because I no longer trusted my calendar. Then I read about this app on lifehacker and it has totally turned things around. Now I can schedule appointments either from my phone or from my computer and know that everything is in one place. I also like that the sunrise you makes it easy to see when I have appointments for the current day. Scheduling through sunrise is also easier than using the default Google calendar.
Good app on phone. Only okay on computer.
I find myself using this on my phone as my default calendar. It's pretty and easy to use. But on the Mac, I find it's not as good as Google Calendar. The two integrate, so I use each in its best venue. Sunrise doesn't print, so I can't use it for planning. It doesn't have a good agenda view. It doesn't have a GoTo. I can't change the color codes of different calendars - and I have a lot of them. It doesn't do appointments to share. All little things Google does online.
But it's pretty and less error prone than Google or Apple on my phone. So I get the best of both worlds by using it on my phone, syncing (it's instantaneous), and using Google Calendar when I want to do something complicated.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 12, 2015
- Version: 3.01
- Size: 21.9 MB
- Languages: Dutch, En, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Sunrise Atelier, Inc
- © Sunrise Atelier, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.