An alarm clock that rings with the sunrise, solar noon or solar midnight, and sunset using your current GPS location or up to 20 individual location settings. You can set an alarm for an hour before sunset and be home before dark or set an alarm 5 minutes before the sunrise and be up and out of bed by dawn!
Particularly suitable for:
Anyone who has things to do before it gets dark.
Anyone who wants to wake up with the sun.
Photographers and TV/Movie film crews.
Mountain climbers, anglers, etc.
The religiously observant.
In addition to the sunrise, solar noon, solar midnight, and sunset times, each location also displays the civil, nautical, and astrological twilight times for any date of your choosing.
- Use your current GPS latitude and longitude data to display the sunrise and sunset times for any date: past, present, or future.
- Set alarms for before or after the sunrise, solar noon, solar midnight, and sunset, including astronomical, nautical, and civil dawn and dusk times with different alarm sounds for each individual location.
- Sunrise Sunset Alarm works even with the app is not running! Set your alarm and go. Use other apps, browse the web, save your battery, set and forget!
- Alarm will not sound when "Do Not Disturb" is on
- Alarm will only vibrate once when the ring/silent switch is set to silent.
- All times and dates are displayed in the default device timezone.
- All calculations are approximate.
- For latitudes greater than 72 degrees N and S, calculations are accurate to within 10 minutes.
- Errors in displayed times can be expected to increase as the distance from the equator increases, as elevation increases or decreases from sea level, and due to the surrounding terrain conditions.
Bug fix for alarms occasionally not triggering on iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Quite a superb little app
So I was looking for an app that would give me alerts based on the rise and set of the sun. It was difficult to find one that looked pretty and worked the way that I wanted until I found this little gem.
The alarm uses your GPS coordinates so it finds the sun times for exactly where you are. I don't have to look up the times to create the alarm I can set the alarm to alert me moments before the set and rise of the sun easily.
The reason for only 4 stars is because even though I haven't found anything to work as good as this alarm, there are definitely some things they could do to improve it and make it much better. For one, the option to used your own music would be nice. Also, maybe to make the user ability more seamless, adding a little left, right swipe-age to transition from one alarm to the next could be cool. But either way, without those options, this is by far the best app of its kind and I've wasted a lot of money on others before I found this one!
So if you are in the market for an app that works well and yet keeps it simple this may be exactly what you are looking for. Oh and if for whatever reason this app changes and starts to not be so great, I'll re-write this. You know, just to keep it real.
Great alarm for daily sunset times
I have to lock up my flock of chickens shortly before it gets dark and all the nighttime predators come out. Sometimes I don't remember until it's too late (which has led to some bloody consequences). This app has been perfect for reminding me since sunset happens at a different time every day. I have this app set to go off 10 minutes after sunset and I get a rooster crow each night at the perfect time (you can set your own ring tones and sounds for the alarms). Love this app for keeping my hens safe!
Almost perfect, but mostly useless for watch users.
I loved setting up this app, it has all the features I could want for configuring a sun-based alarm, but it turns out the alarm doesn't work well with the way I use my phone and Apple Watch:
If I have my watch on and phone muted, I get no alarm. If I have my watch off and phone muted, I get a notification, but no buzz. If I have sound on and watch off, I do get a notification, but I never turn my sound on. If I have sound on and watch on, also I believe no notification.
I would gladly raise this to 5 stars if they worked out their notification system. Some of us have the Apple Watch and like to keep the phone silent.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.