Sunset - Dim Your Screen!
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Sunset helps you to dim any of your computer's screens, even more than possible with the built-in controls.
Try it out, your eyes will thank you!
- You open your laptop late at night and are blinded, even though the brightness is at its lowest setting.
- It is very complicated or impossible to change the brightness of an external monitor
- If you have changed the brightness, the monitor starts to make an annoying beeping noise.
- You don't want to wake up your seatmate on an airplane.
- You want to reduce distraction in a meeting room or a lecture hall.
Since Sunset uses a software-based approach to dim the screen, you can definitely circumvent the problem with the beeping noise at some displays. So in some cases, your ears will thank you too!
What's New in Version 2.0
- New cleverSwitch to easily restore older brightness settings and to quickly turn the dimming off.
- Just scroll over the status icon to change brightness.
- You can now also scroll over the sun instead of pulling it
- More brightness steps when using F1 and F2 keys
Tried four others first. This one’s perfect.
I tried four other screen dimmers first, and none of them had the right mix of decent UI and multi-monitor support that I need. Sunset fit the bill perfectly.
I was hoping the app would filter out blue light. Instead, it just dims the screen. Gives you superior control than the native dimming options, which is nice, but I thought from the reading screenshot that we would have more control over the tint.
Icons need more aesthetics work
Functionality is great but icos really disappoint. The app icon is all pixelated and the menu icon can use some design work.