SunUp is a drastically simplified alarm app, that lets you set them in seconds.
The Flat design and an intuitive interface enable the best experience for this daily task.
ATTENTION: SunUp can only work properly if you are not in silent-mode, so make sure the switch at the side of your phone is NOT on orange and you don't have a crescent moon in your status bar.
- Simply set the time by swiping your finger over the screen
- next set the minutes by dragging the centered circle
- swap between AM and PM by tapping the word
- finally tap the center to activate the alarm
- convenience: use the timer from the bottom right screen corner to set relative alarms (e.g. "in 5 Minutes")
- when ringing: tap to snooze or swipe down to stop
- snooze or stop the alarm directly from the lock screen: just swipe across to reveal two buttons (only on iOS 8)
- journal your sleep time in the new Health app (iOS 8 only)
- swipe from the left edge to reveal the menu
- here you can change the ringtone, theme, custom snooze time and settings
- close it again by swiping from the right
- optional night mode to wake you up naturally
- 12 or 24h interface
- use the new widget in the notification center to watch your alarms from anywhere
- set timers from your writs with the Apple Watch app
- for pros: set SSH hooks to your Raspberry Pi
Hi I'm Finn Gaida, 17, the creator of this app. I made it because the built-in clock app didn't fit my needs and thought maybe someone else could make use of it.
If you have any suggestions, question or just want to say hello, simply tweet me @fga.
More info at http://finngaida.de/sunup
Small bugfixes and support for larger iPhones
Ratings and Reviews
UPDATE 7/17: Now with ads!
Returned to check out again, just to see if the developer spent any time improving this good-looking POS, but instead come to find that there's now non-removable ads for Bible verses. Sheesh.
On the other hand, it doesn't work. I mean the alarm doesn't work on my iPhone 6 (which has no problems with any other alarm or app). I tried many times over the course of a week.
Assuming they fix this glaring problem with an alarm app, they should look at the fact that user options are nonexistent – no settings at all. How about a user option to set the alarm in increments of five minutes? How about a bigger time display? How about the ability to actually see the current time?
Pretty basic things to think about in an alarm, if you ask me.
Impressed by what this could be
Great work! Although this app isn't quite there, I am impresses enough to keep it on my phone. One suggestion is to have an option to use the 12 hr clock or 24 hr clock. For now they are both together and is confusing.
Horrible- alarm doesn't work
So the alarm doesn't go off at all....useless. I tried to test it several times, both with the screen on and locked and it won't go off.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.