By Alexander Zolotov
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SunVox is the Most Powerful music creation tool for iOS. It is a small, fast and powerful modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
With this program you can compose music anywhere. On any device. It also available (for FREE!) for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Maemo, PalmOS, Android, and other systems.
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export;
• WiFi export/import;
• MIDI import/export;
• MIDI IN/OUT;
• Mic/Line-in recording;
• Real-time recording;
• Audiobus (INPUT and EFFECTS slots) support.
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with wrench in the upper right corner of the screen.
Use multitouch to scale/move content of timeline and pattern editor.
How to connect one module to another? For multitouch devices: first touch on source, second touch on destination. For other devices: select the first module (source); click on the LINK button; select the second module (destination).
REC button is only for notes and controllers recording. If you want to record sound - use the Sampler module (REC button under the Sampler controllers).
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• Analog Generator;
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects);
• Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI, AIFF);
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• 3Band equalizer;
• Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass, Notch);
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• and more ...
[ Bug reports ]
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: email@example.com
The answer comes immediately!
Official SunVox homepage + video tutorials:
Development status of the new version:
What's New in Version 1.7.5
* 64bit CPU support;
* SunVox file type association: now any SunVox-compatible documents (sunvox, midi, xm, mod) can be opened from other apps (Mail, Browser, etc.);
* new module - Pitch Shifter;
* customizable curve of the values has been added to MultiCtl module;
* MIDI Octave Offset option has been added to the MIDI Preferences;
* PR (Set note period) command has been renamed to SP (Set pitch);
* main menu has been divided into two separate menus: the Main Menu (left side) and the Pattern Menu (right side);
* UI design slightly changed;
* new simple song examples: crossfader;
* new song examples: Twistboy - Translucent, unspoken_words;
* bugs fixed.
Worth every star & penny.
Great update! It keeps getting better and better. This dev is inspiring! Brilliant work and he responded to my feedback quickly.
Starting today I made a car horn sound (analog generator, type: asin, frequency2: ~844), hooked it into a reverb, set it to "touch theremin" mode, and played with the sound of cars driving past in a tunnel with the Doppler effect.
I call it "Angry drivers in a tunnel."
I'm not a musician, but I love crazy powerful/beautiful tools like this. It's nice to have one on the iPhone! The UI takes a bit to figure out for all the features, but it's amazing. I don't know how to edit the sequencer yet, but we're already best friends. We'll figure it out.
(Edit: the padlock reveals the editing tools. Makes sense.
Now I'm making a DTMF meta module... To play phone tones. Fun!)
Love this app
So many possibilities. So much coolness. Especially if you're a fan of chip music. I've even done a record solely with this app.
If you like depth and features...
Update: Alexander Zolotov is the most consistently decent developer on the app store. He keeps updating Sun Vox! How many debs have simply abandoned their apps to make new apps so that they can charge the public for it a second time? Many, and they know who they are. Not so with Zolotov. Buy this app. Support this dev. He's a guy doing what he loves; he's good at it; he should get paid.
Yeah. This is the app you want. I have had it for such a long time and I was intimidated by its interface. I was missing a lot and I spent too much money on apps that basically do what this app does. This means that I'm an idiot.
This app has a sampler, a pad generator, a basic generator, drum synth, fm generator, and on an on. It's audiobus compatible. It's got audio copy/paste. It's got midi compatibility. It's got so many other things, as well, that I am not going to bother to list here because they're listed in the app description.
I also own Nanostudio. Nanostudio is a great, great app, but I would say that Sun Vox does just as much and even more than Nanostudio. The big advantage of Nanostudio is the interface, which is easier. But Sun Vox costs way less! And the interface is actually very learnable. Once you learn it, it's even lovable.
If you're on the fence about this app, go ahead and buy it before you spend a lot of money on some other studio app. Take the time to learn it and it will pay off. Alexander Zolotov makes some of the greatest apps for the money that you can find in the App Store.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 26, 2014
- Version: 1.7.5
- Size: 9.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alexander Zolotov
- © Alexander Zolotov
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.