By Alexander Zolotov
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SunVox is the most powerful music creation tool for iOS. It is a small and fast cross-platform modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Powerful microtonal (ultra-chromatic) sequencer.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export;
• WiFi import/export;
• MIDI file import/export;
• MIDI IN/OUT;
• Mic/Line-in recording;
• Audiobus and IAA support;
• It is also available for other systems (see the site).
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with the SunVox icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
Use multitouch to scale/move content of timeline and pattern editor.
How to connect one module to another: first touch on source, second touch on destination.
REC button is only for notes and controller recording. If you want to record sound - use the Sampler module.
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• Analog Generator;
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects);
• Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI, AIFF);
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• 3Band equalizer;
• Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass, Notch);
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• and more ...
[ Bug reports ]
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
The answer comes immediately!
Official SunVox homepage + video tutorials:
Development status of the new version:
What's New in Version 1.9.1
* new module - Glide; it is similar to the MultiSynth, but it also adds the commands of smooth transition between the notes; see the glide.sunvox example;
* advanced Interpolator has been added to the Pattern Editor: with this tool you can make a smooth transition of the values of any pattern columns, with various parameters (like the curve type, noise, etc.);
* new function in the Module View (Routing) - Replace; use it if you want to replace the selected module by some other module without loss of connections;
* MIDI buttons (with notes) linked to some SunVox actions (shortcuts) are now ignored by the synths;
* Sampler (sample editor): now the Copy and Paste functions work through the file;
* Sampler (sample editor): new effects (Invert and Center) has been added;
* LFO: new controller "Duty cycle" (only for the square waveform);
* CUT operation has been added to the Module View (Routing) and the Timeline;
* new instrument from Cube48: DrumSynth48;
* new simple song examples: glide;
* new song examples: snowfall, SunVox Compo 2015.10 Winners (KnyazIvan - fatal precession, OceanicDegree - Dreaming, echo2 - unreal love 3);
* bugs fixed.
Probably the most versatile and useful music making app available for iOS. It combines synthesizer and sampling capabilities, allowing you to construct modular instruments with the various included effects, which can then be used to create musical phrases or even entire songs. It does have a learning curve however, so expect to spend at least some time wrapping your head around how it all fits together, but in the end it's well worth it. There's also a desktop SunVox version available, which you can easily transfer files to and from, including any instruments you make. Get this app!
Love this app!
The more time I spend with this program and get to know it the more I fall in love with it. There is a bit of a learning curve if you have never used a tracker like interface for sequencing, but once learned you can get a really fast workflow. Faster than a traditional DAW and with a precision and complexity you never thought possible. Cross platform!!! I have it on my IPhone, PC and Raspberry PI!
A full featured tracker-based DAW in your pocket!
If you're new to trackers, they're like step sequencers in spreadsheet form. Give it a try! If you're an experienced tracker, this tool will be your new best friend. So many great features, and the UI has been designed for both small and large screens.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 14, 2016
- Version: 1.9.1
- Size: 11.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alexander Zolotov
- © Alexander Zolotov
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.