By Alexander Zolotov
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SunVox is the most powerful music creation tool for iOS. It is a small and fast cross-platform modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Powerful microtonal (ultra-chromatic) sequencer.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export;
• WiFi import/export;
• MIDI file import/export;
• MIDI IN/OUT;
• Mic/Line-in recording;
• Audiobus and IAA support;
• It is also available for other systems (see the site).
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with the SunVox icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
Use multitouch to scale/move content of timeline and pattern editor.
How to connect one module to another: first touch on source, second touch on destination.
REC button is only for notes and controller recording. If you want to record sound - use the Sampler module.
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• Analog Generator;
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects);
• Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI, AIFF);
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• 3Band equalizer;
• Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass, Notch);
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• and more ...
[ Bug reports ]
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
The answer comes immediately!
Official SunVox homepage + video tutorials:
Development status of the new version:
What's New in Version 1.9.2
* new module Pitch2Ctl: converts the incoming notes to the controller values (in some another connected module);
* new module Velocity2Ctl: converts the velocity parameter of the incoming notes to the controller values (in some another connected module);
* new project parameter - "Time grid" (number of lines per grid cell);
* Main SunVox Menu: new function "Merge project" (load project over the current);
* Timeline: target pointer (like in the Module View) has been added; use it to choose where to place the new pattern(s);
* Timeline: now the file is used for the pattern copy-buffer; so you can paste even after the SunVox restart;
* Analog Generator: new options "Retain phase" (don't reset the phase) and "Random phase";
* Analog Generator: new options "Filter frequency = note frequency" and "Velocity-dependent filter resonance"; see the analog_gen4 and analog_gen5 examples;
* Analog Generator: new waveform "Drawn with spline interpolation";
* MultiSynth: new button "Set" (set exact values of the curve);
* Vibrato: new controller "Exponential amplitude";
* Kicker: sine waveform has been added;
* LFO: random (noise) waveform has been added;
* Loop: new controller "Mode" (normal/ping-pong loop playback); see the loop2 example;
* MetaModule: optimized interface + default user controller names;
* Sampler: new option "Stop recording on project stop";
* MultiCtl: new controller "OUT offset";
* frequency/delay limits (only for ms and Hz units) has been increased in the following modules: Echo, Delay, Vibrato, LFO;
* improved MIDI Import and Export: channel/program/bank/controller support; new timing algorithm;
* new oscilloscope mode (module visualizer) - XY (X = left channel; Y = right channel);
* now all notes are visible on the musical keyboard: expand it up to see the full range;
* Modules (routing): new function "Find" (find a module by name);
* Pattern Editor: improved hints;
* Pattern Editor: click on some event (note or some other command) and the corresponding module will be highlighted;
* Pattern Properties: new buttons "Shrink /2" and "Expand *2" has been added;
* Preferences -> Main: new option "Make project backup before the first overwrite";
* Preferences -> Timeline: new option "Show line numbers from ...";
* Preferences -> Timeline: new option "Grid cell size";
* Preferences -> Interface: new option "Double click time" (in ms);
* Preferences -> Interface -> Scale: new parameter "Font scale";
* new keyboard shortcut: toggle mute (module);
* new keyboard shortcut: toggle solo (module);
* new keyboard shortcut: toggle bypass (module);
* new keyboard shortcut: unmute all modules;
* new keyboard shortcut: find a module;
* new instruments and effects;
* new simple project examples: analog_gen4, analog_gen5, dubstep, loop2, pitch2ctl ***;
* new song examples: Quantum Countdown, PalmSounds10, Kiberaver - Hard Motor;
* bugs fixed.
Pretty much the only music program for iOS worth having
Only DAW worth having on your iPhone. GarageBand can be nice for its realistic synth patches, but in terms of how much editing/composing options you have, SunVox beats any other app, including GarageBand, by FAR. I'm not even gonna start listing all the things you can do, but basically if you can do it in Logic/FL/Ableton/Renoise,you can do it in SunVox (minus a few things like VSTs, and the specific functions of a few VSTs like Harmor, although there is an FFT synth in SunVox)... BUY THIS APP
Incredible, simply put....
Take your time with this app and you'll be richly rewarded. Still making my way through it (and, it might take more time than your typical app), however, this has the potential to be more than a minor game changer.
Simply put, I'm loving this...
This is an app you will not regret buying. I am being honest here. If you like making music on the go, then take this with you. Kills GarageBand, kills FL Studio Mobile, in my opinion. FL Studio Mobile's interface is to cumbersome. BUY THIS APP PLEASE!!!!! This app reminds of the good old times. 16 bit music trackers and old time games. Ahhhh!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 04, 2016
- Version: 1.9.2
- Size: 21.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alexander Zolotov
- © Alexander Zolotov
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.