WARNING: Looks like Avalanche Mode takes an unusually long time to start on iOS5. The screen will appear to go black for about 30 seconds before returning to normal. It's a strange bug. We're looking into fixes for this, we will post here when a patch is submitted!
http://bit.ly/quickhook for the trailer and quick links to the reviews! Loved by Toucharcade, SlidetoPlay, AppSpy, PocketGamer, Appsmile, iTunes Reviewers, TUAW, 148Apps, iLounge, GamePro, TheAppera, Gamezebo, Jayisgames, AppAdvice, the list goes on and on!
Conquer Eagle Mountain with the help of your trusty grappling hook. Swing and run your way through meadows, frost-tinged fields, ice caverns, volcanic caves, and more. Find secrets, loot, and special encounters. Race against your friends. Explore peaceful landscapes, or try to outrun an endless avalanche. QuickHook combines heavy replay value with deep variety!
Check out our youtube trailer, review links, and more at http://bit.ly/quickhook
HEAVY REPLAY VALUE
- Find loot to spend on character upgrades and equipment
- Unlock Nightmare levels, new equipment, and fancier hats
- Seamless Leaderboards and Stats / Medals for each level
- 66 different achievements, most of them based on exploring secrets
- Duel system: Ghost Race your friends!
- Random, infinite Avalanche Mode:
* Survive a roaring avalanche, right behind you, as long as you can.
* Over 60 different possible "sections", most with secret paths.
* Ghost race your friends to send them your personal Avalanche level!
- Varied landscapes
- Each level has its own challenges and art
- Secrets and Easter Eggs
- Character customization: Show off your gear!
- Free updates that add more achievements, secrets, and equipment
- Hand crafted race/exploration levels
* 24 levels with multiple paths and hidden areas!
-Added retina screen support for compatible devices! See the avalanche chase you in crystal clarity!
-Game should now run properly in the background on applicable devices.
-Updated OpenFeint version.
-Updated in-game news catalog.
Ratings and Reviews
Update: won't save progress on my iPhone 6 running 8.3. I know Rocketcat is busy, but a patch would be appreciated.
Get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it...... I've only played the first 6 levels and yet I still stand by this review.
Please, rocketcat, make a cyberpunk rpg platformer with the same sort of conspiracy themes as deus ex. This game has me convinced thar you could do it. Please include hats, somehow.
This is still my favorite game on ios. It's near the top of my all time favorites list. I am surprised more people haven't discovered it. I hope the devs are making something off of it, because they deserve it.
Still the best iOS Game
Writing this review because I just downloaded Mage Gauntlet.
Hoping it will unseat SuperQuickHook as my favorite iOS game - going back to 2008.
I've beaten this game at least 4 times, and I will probably play through it again. Every couple months I'll fire it up again.
Executed very well, the Hook and swing mechanism is ridiculously fun especially on a touch screen. It has that "just-works" quality to it.
It has the spirit of a Genesis game, but unlike many designers who attempt that type of look, the control implementation feels so natural. Levels are challenging and exquisitely crafted.
I don't write reviews. But I've loved everything Rocketcat has put out so far - felt like I owed it to them. This is a must-own. 500 stars.
Wonderful game, but watch out for data loss
I've loved this game for years, and downloaded it again very recently. However, with OpenFeint gone, the game's become borderline unplayable! None of my game saves, so I have to constantly start over from where I was a long while back. That being said, there's a ton of very tough, very polished content, and it's well worth the money. I wholly recommend it, but do watch out for losses of save data
- Rocketcat LLC
- 25.5 MB
- Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2010 Rocketcat Games
- In-App Purchases
- Playable Character - Super Quack Hook $1.99
- Playable Character - Jake $0.99
- Playable Character - Gunny $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.