By Rocketcat Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WARNING: Looks like Avalanche Mode takes an unusually long time to start on iOS5. The screen will appear to go black for about 30 seconds before returning to normal. It's a strange bug. We're looking into fixes for this, we will post here when a patch is submitted!
http://bit.ly/quickhook for the trailer and quick links to the reviews! Loved by Toucharcade, SlidetoPlay, AppSpy, PocketGamer, Appsmile, iTunes Reviewers, TUAW, 148Apps, iLounge, GamePro, TheAppera, Gamezebo, Jayisgames, AppAdvice, the list goes on and on!
Conquer Eagle Mountain with the help of your trusty grappling hook. Swing and run your way through meadows, frost-tinged fields, ice caverns, volcanic caves, and more. Find secrets, loot, and special encounters. Race against your friends. Explore peaceful landscapes, or try to outrun an endless avalanche. QuickHook combines heavy replay value with deep variety!
Check out our youtube trailer, review links, and more at http://bit.ly/quickhook
HEAVY REPLAY VALUE
- Find loot to spend on character upgrades and equipment
- Unlock Nightmare levels, new equipment, and fancier hats
- Seamless Leaderboards and Stats / Medals for each level
- 66 different achievements, most of them based on exploring secrets
- Duel system: Ghost Race your friends!
- Random, infinite Avalanche Mode:
* Survive a roaring avalanche, right behind you, as long as you can.
* Over 60 different possible "sections", most with secret paths.
* Ghost race your friends to send them your personal Avalanche level!
- Varied landscapes
- Each level has its own challenges and art
- Secrets and Easter Eggs
- Character customization: Show off your gear!
- Free updates that add more achievements, secrets, and equipment
- Hand crafted race/exploration levels
* 24 levels with multiple paths and hidden areas!
What's New in Version 1.40
-Added retina screen support for compatible devices! See the avalanche chase you in crystal clarity!
-Game should now run properly in the background on applicable devices.
-Updated OpenFeint version.
-Updated in-game news catalog.
Get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it...... I've only played the first 6 levels and yet I still stand by this review.
Please, rocketcat, make a cyberpunk rpg platformer with the same sort of conspiracy themes as deus ex. This game has me convinced thar you could do it. Please include hats, somehow.
This is still my favorite game on ios. It's near the top of my all time favorites list. I am surprised more people haven't discovered it. I hope the devs are making something off of it, because they deserve it.
I loved Hook Champ; I completed all the levels, got all but the very last forbidden hat, and even bought the two extra characters. Eventually, I got bored. I have now moved onto Super QuickHook, and I think I will be playing it for quite a while! The hats, hooks, characters, and dialogue are as great as (if not better than) Hook Champ, and Avalanche/ Eruption mode offers endless challenge!
Basically the best game for iOS
Just a really fun game. Lots of variety in the levels and environments (which look awesome). Very challenging as well, but not in a frustrating way. Also, HATSSS!!! Just buy the game. Seriously. A kitten is adopted by a loving family every time somebody buys this game. If anything, do it for the kittens. They're counting on you. Don't let them down.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 20, 2011
- Version: 1.40
- Size: 25.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jeremy Orlando
- © 2010 Rocketcat Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Playable Character - Super Quack Hook$1.99
- Playable Character - Jake$0.99
- Playable Character - Gunny$0.99