Minimalist drawing app. Supports Apple Pencil (new & old), both portrait & landscape, iPad multitasking, standard iOS share, the latest devices. Pick up & use. Like a white board or scratch paper.
• 2nd generation Apple Pencil double tap support
• Original Apple Pencil support
• Simple choices (just colors and sizes)
• Draw in either landscape or portrait
• Multitasking support on iPad
• Undo and redo
• Standard iOS share/action button (copy, save, send to other messaging/social apps)
• Submit to/browse Instagram gallery
• Jotting down notes
• Illustrate something to friends/coworkers through drawing
• Draw/sketch something casually
• Practice some basic drawing skills (drawing straight line, parallel lines, circles, faces, etc)
• "Hey _____, let me show you a diagram of my idea... wait, let me create a new canvas first... wait actually let me first navigate to the right workspace... "
• or leaving a bunch of random scribbles/doodles that you have to clean up later in the "gallery" of a full-fledged drawing app, or an otherwise organized note taking app.
• trying to let the kids draw something and instead they are just placing sparkles, glitters, or unicorn stickers all over the screen
• Replace paper. Save trees and protect our planet.
> Fixed a bug that occasionally the buttons overlaps iOS status bar.
-- Other recent updates --
+ Supported 2nd generation Apple Pencil double tap functions
+ Supported the new iPad Pro, and iPhone XS/XS Max/XR.
+ Apple Pencil only mode.
+ A slider for brush width adjustment.
Ratings and Reviews
This app does not support Apple Pencil
I tried drawing with the 6th generation Apple Pencil and it does NOT WORK
Excellent scratch pad!
Finally a simple fast draw app that doesn’t have a million extras. This gets right to the job at hand, delivering color and line with ease. No more losing your fresh beautiful ideas while fiddling with tools and menus. It’s like picking up a pad of paper and a couple markers. Great.
Bad color and size choice
I don’t like the color choice and the range of sizes but other wise it’s kinda cool
Developer Response ,
Thanks for using Super Simple Draw and the feedback. There is a plan to introduce ore variety to colors and sizes, stay tuned :) in the mean time if you can use an Apple Pencil and an iPad that supports Apple Pencil (every iPad Pro and the 2018 regular iPad) then you can control the color brightness by applying different level of force with Apple Pencil. In a future upgrade this will become much better.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.