SUPER WHY! Power to Read is an educational game that helps teach children to read and instills a love of learning with the cast of the hit PBS KIDS show. Join the Super Readers on a storybook journey!
Each game is designed to teach children key literacy skills. The cast of SUPER WHY will help your child through each story & game - now with 50% more content!
Children will learn letter identification, letter sounds, rhyming, writing, reading comprehension and the critical skills that they need to learn to read (and love to read!) as recommended by the National Reading Panel.
Join the Super Readers - Super Why, Wonder Red, Princess Presto and Alpha Pig – on an adventure through books and stories. Each interactive game teaches key reading skills in a fun and entertaining way.
Go on interactive adventures that help kids learn alongside the characters of the PBS KIDS series SUPER WHY. Download today and instill a love of learning.
SUPER WHY! FEATURES
- 4 unique games hosted by a Super Reader focusing on an essential reading skill:
• Princess Presto’s Wands-Up Writing: Letter sounds and letter writing
• Wonder Red’s Rhyming Time: Rhyming
• Super Why’s Story Saver: Reading
• Alpha Pig’s Lickety Letter Hunt: Learning letters
SUPER WHY! ADVENTURES
- Go on a reading journey with the Super Readers from Storybook Village
- Your child will love the interactive books and games with the cast of the PBS KIDS show
- Read and complete sentences to finish the story
- Learn to pronounce and write letters by tracing them out
- Find missing alphabet letters along the trail
- Pick rhyming words from a basket
LEARNING MADE FUN
- Rewards system with 100+ stickers to collect for creating storybook sticker pages
- Play all feature allows your reader to play through all the super reader games back to back
- Play to practice letters and work with over 100+ words!
Teach your child reading and writing skills while helping them develop a love of reading! Download SUPER WHY! Power to Read today!
For more SUPER WHY Reading adventures and different literacy skill-building experiences, check out these Super Why Apps, both available in the Super Why Let’s Read bundle pack!
Super Why ABC Adventures - Alphabet for 3 to 5-year-olds
Play Super Reader games designed to help your child master their letter knowledge! Your child will practice uppercase and lowercase letters, the order of the alphabet, common letter sounds, and writing letters as they earn stickers along the way.
Super Why Phonics Fair – Phonics for 4 to 6-year-olds
Play Super Reader literacy games that focus on word building, reading, and phonics skills. Your child will work with 60 key word families, like the –ALL word family, as they play each game and earn stickers.
SUPER WHY Power to Read is based on the PBS KIDS series SUPER WHY, produced by Out of the Blue Enterprises. The breakthrough preschool series is designed to help kids ages 3 to 6 with the critical skills that they need to learn (and love) to read! Out of the Blue Digital is a division of Out of the Blue Enterprises, a leader in children's educational entertainment.
For more learning adventures with SUPER WHY, visit pbskids.org/superwhy
For more apps from PBS KIDS, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps
About PBS KIDS
SUPER WHY Power to Read is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
ALL NEW content and updates to enhance the Power to Read experience!
- New read-along functionality in Super Why's Story Saver so your super reader can read along with Super Why
- New enhanced sticker book experience, character animation, and audio
- 10 new stories to read with Super Why, including classic stories such as Dr. Doolittle and The Little Mermaid
- 10 new rhyming families to practice with Wonder Red
- 10 new words to spell with Alpha Pig
- 10 new words to spell with Princess Presto
- 40 new stickers to use in the Sticker Book
- 5 new Super Why show backgrounds to use in the Sticker Book
Ratings and Reviews
There is no sound when using the app. I have an iPad 6th gen and before the “developer” replies to my comment asking whether or not I have the audio setting on and my volume up, YES! It’s on max! Other apps work on my child’s iPad with no issue. Fix your app to work properly when paying customers spend money to use your product. Free games have no issue with sound and your app that has a cost to it doesn’t work at all? Ridiculous
Not all bundle apps loaded
I bought the $7.99 bundle, but the ABC Adventures on didn’t load (it said that it couldn’t). I deleted it so I could try reinstalling it. But when I went into the App Store, it’s that I never bought it. (The other two were there) Help please!
Developer Response ,
Hi CookingRocks! We are very sorry to hear you are having difficulties downloading this app. Apple handles all refunds and app download errors. Please "Report a Problem" through their website so they can resolve this issue. Thank you for your continued support of PBS KIDS.
As the other two reviews say. There's no sound. I thought it was because my daughters iPad is a first generation, but it doesn't work on my iPad Pro either. Yes I have checked the volume on my device. It's not working on apple products. It does work on my daughter's new kindle fire.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing sound issues! Please note that this app does not automatically adjust the audio settings. Ensure that your mobile device audio is on and the volume is turned up to an appropriate level. If the issue persists, please let us know which device you are using so we can troubleshoot.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for helping make this app experience better for everyone!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.